Announcements

Same two commercials?

Highlighted

Same two commercials?

Casual Listener

I know more about "O'reilly auto parts" and "Advil" that I care too.  After several songs play, an ad comes on (which is expected) but it's ALWAYS either one of the same two commericials?  Every day....no matter what.  Has anyone else noticed this?

17 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Same two commercials?

Community Legend

Hey there @dhughes20!

Is the same happening on other clients? Currently, there isn't much customizations/modifications that can be done to the ads. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hmmm...good question. I only noticed on my Galaxy S4. I'll have to listen to the desktop version and see.
Highlighted

Community Legend
You will find on Spotify sometimes advert variety is pretty low, I know some of my housemates get the same advert all day sometimes.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Seriously - I've gotten the same 2 ads for a while now.. I'm going to lose my mind with that freaking Advil commercial... "MOM... DAD.. I'm ready now!".... i hate that kid. 

Is there any way I can listen to different adds?  The advil commercial is the worst of the two.  I feel I need advil after hearing it everytime.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It could be worse. At least twice I had a situation that I had to listen to the same commercial 4 TIMES in a row... That is truly annoying.

Highlighted

Community Legend
On my free account due to location I often get advertising in Welsh too, which I have no idea what it even says haha!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Be glad! Those that you don't understand are far less irritating. I had the same situation in Spain.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

If you don't like commercials, jump for premium forever 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS