Same two commercials?

Highlighted

Re: Same two commercials?

dhughes20
Casual Listener
I don't mind commercials...but the same two over and over?
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Commercials, they are different from Spotify country to country.

If you have only the same, there is no more ads currently in your area.

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
I always just think to myself, someone must be paying for it haha!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

proxpreon
Regular

I've also been listening to only two ads for the last couple of months

1) Acoustic Rooms compilation, featuring Justin Bieber etc

2) Fuze Tea ASMR compilation

I freak out with both of them, especially the 2nd one is upsetting me since the first time I've hear it

I need to make it very clear that I have never heard ANY OTHER ADVERT for two months now or more. It's gonna be the Bieber Compilation, or the ASMR, or both of them. I've only been listening to these 2 extremely annoying (for me personally) ads every single day, every 30 mins or so, FOR 2 MONTHS, this makes me feel like I'm being punished for something. When the ads starts playing, I'm throwing my headphones away, and I'm asking myself why do I keep doing this to myself, allowing an app to make me feel so miserable and ruining my mood. I know its a free app, but that still doesnt make it right

Actually I have been experiencing this pattern for quite some time (about a year or even more) with different couples of ads each period. It's the same over and over again for a period of a few months, then these 2 ads will get replaced by something else. I used to cope with this before, but this time my '2 ads pusnishment' is too much for me.

This is even worse when I'm using my desktop app, which tends to play ads more often than the browser app

This has been an extremely negative experience for me

Highlighted

proxpreon
Regular

Could this be related to the fact I haven't linked my Facebook account, and Spotify is unable to suggest any personalised ads? Or opted out of Spotify accessing your Facebook data for comercials?

Just wondering, if anybody else is experiencing the '2 ad curse' and reading this, are you guys using FB or no?

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

There's another thread which addresses both the issues which you raised and provides a solution which seems to have worked for a few users - makes sure to head over here and check it our for yourselves 😉

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

proxpreon
Regular

Hi Peter,

I'm the one who suggested the solution for the other post.

It looks like this combination of options (tailored ads + no facebook) makes your code go for a fallback functionality or service that is prone to return the same commercials over and over again.

Might be worth having your team investigating this, because I really doubt this is a desired behaviour

Highlighted

Hey @proxpreon,

Thanks for posting in this thread and for bringing this one to our attention.

We'll make sure to pass this on to the relevant team so that they can look into this further.

Thanks again 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS