Schoolboy Q

Highlighted

Schoolboy Q

Casual Listener

Why is Schoolboy Q's "Yay Yay" censored?  

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Schoolboy Q

Composer

By censored, you mean what exactly?
I hear all the explicit lyrics, so not really understanding what you mean 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

On my phone and laptop it only plays the clean version:( 

I've listened to this song for years and have never run into this problem on spotify..

Highlighted

Composer

It's a long shot, but go to settings (for instance on the mobile app) and make sure "Allow Explicit Content" is marked as GREEN (and not grey).
There could be a clean version that is also on Spotify and if your client has the option to NOT play the Explicit version, then you'll get the clean version. Kid friendly and stuff 😉

More info, check this link.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yes double checked that Explicit was on and it is. The weird thing is it is a song that was "removed" from my playlist and became all gray (this also happened with Look at Me! by X). So I'm not sure what's going on lol.

Thanks for your advice!!

Highlighted

Composer

Ok, did a bit of digging.

I seem to have the "same" issue on my mobile device as well. Some of the tracks are not available (I can't see) but searching for the track on Spotify does bring me to the track and clicking through to the album I notice there are 2 versions of the album uploaded.

Meaning, there either is a licensing issue (that's with Schoolboy Q) or some kind of region block, or more 'logically' there are just multiple albums for some reason - that's also on the shoulders of the artist/label.

For me, the album without the track you mention is here.
With the track you mention, the album is available in full here.

However, I also found this article - seems like some "filters" are being tested for some users.

Hopefully someone from Spotify can shed some light 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Wow, this is interesting, I can't see the album that you posted. In addition, I can't see any of those tracks. I'm glad i'm not the only one having this issue..

I hope Spotify can fix this, I love Schoolboy and have been listening to him for years! 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS