Senegal visit Jan 2019

Highlighted

Senegal visit Jan 2019

pzdavyjess

Senegal visit - just back from air bnb at Yene, on Le Petite Cote, south of Dakar - found Sobo Bade cultural centre at nearby Toubab Dialaw. Sadly just missed Orchestra Baobab in Dakar and a couple of other local gigs by timing of Sod's law. Nonetheless, enjoyed some fab local musicians in bars and at Sobo Bade. Recommend a visit - people are great, country is strong and music all around you. OK, if you are going air bnb, you may need to tough it a bit, but this will only add to the experience. Traffic pollution and plastic bottle-burning are two biggest issues for me needing addressing, (both global problems of course), and these did not take away the mind- resetting experience of the whole trip. I'm an old Africa hand, so have previous experience, but our companions were making first visit and they loved it. The reason we went was after discovering African music via Spotify a couple of years ago, so well done Spotify for being our global library. I understand there are possibly some issues around artist payment, but this trip adds on to gigs we have been to because of exposure on Spotify, so hopefully some mitigation from these. Any tips on visiting Senegal given where possible.

SUGGESTED POSTS