Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing Playlists with other Spotify users directly NEEDS to HAPPEN

Sharing Playlists with other Spotify users directly NEEDS to HAPPEN

Just discovered that it's not possible to share a playlist with another Spotify user (I wanted to share it with someone I know who I follow and who follows me back etc) directly using the Spotify app. 

You either have to share it with them using the options under 'Share' - Facebook, Messenger, Twitter et al. You can copy a link or URI but as there is no direct message function on Spotify, again you have to use another platform to deliver the link. 

It seems kind of crazy to me that you can't just share user to user via the Spotify app. 

I've paid for Spotify for a while, and it just seems a bit basic/obvious to me I'm surprised it's not currently available. 

I spoke with Tech support and apparently, if this post gets 100+ likes they will review it as something they may add in the future.

I remember being able to direct message users a few years ago so that could also solve the problem. 

10 Replies

Hey @VenusinFurs11,

I'd recommend checking out the latest status update on this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/i....

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If the messages in spotify will not return, at least it would be nice:
1.- To be able to share the songs on facebook without only lasting 30 seconds...
2 .- That the section "music" on facebook via spotify, reappear, as well as the last song I heard on spotify.

I look forward to this feature coming. It is very sad that this feature is still not available on Spotify. It would be great to share the music with our friends.

Please vote the topic guys...

As I do not use facebook and the like, I would really appreciate a direct share function with followers and friends of my profile. Right now, sharing with friends without facebook is a pain.
@Spotify: Listen to your community and consider adding it, please 🙂
@Community: Support the idea and like it, please :-))
Thank you!
Raems

Hi,

i ve quitted " spot +" because from one day to the other needed fb to see if friends are online etc, they asked me why and i told about facebook, and for a few days it works without facebook again ..... time to leave spotify, i will not pay for something where i need f"""ing facebook to use all functions

I also disconnected Facebook from Spotify recently and didn't realise that direct sharing on Spotify is no longer possible. I wouldn't say that not having this function is enough for me to leave Spotify, and it's certainly not enough for me to reconnect to f*&^ing facebook, but would be great to have the internal direct sharing function back. I just found a playlist similar to one of my own and wanted to share mine with the other person so we could swap songs but unfortunately no way to do that at all now

Also, you cannot even comment on other people's playlists, which is a bit sad

I think the reason Spotify hasn’t added this feature is to not turn this platform into a social app. As convenient as it would be, they’re using Spotify Community for their social activities 

To give feedback on other people's playlists, you might like my idea. To check it out, click here.

Follow me

Suggested posts