Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle plays Songs two times in a row

Shuffle plays Songs two times in a row

I've seen this posted many times over the years and I've not seen a resolution yet. I'm sure it's something simple but for the life of me I cannot get it to stop. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but nothing changed. I've attached a picture, but everytime I play shuffle on a band it doubles each song. Some bands it is every single song, some it's only a few songs. Any help would be great.  This only started a few weeks ago. I've been using the app for years. 

Screenshot_2019-02-01-07-20-42.png
8 Replies

I had this problem too, wasn't like this 1 month ago, happend very recently, its quite frustrating to hear the same song twice when you try to find a new artist or something.

It is now halfway through March and I’m still having this issue across different playlists and different devices (iOS, Chromecast, Mac desktop client, windows client)

Same here, i Updated to premium this weekend and then it started... it stopped for a day after a reinstall and now it's back. Fairly disappointed that something as simple as shuffle doesn't work. Did anyone find a work around for this issue yet?

I just started to experience this issue as well with both the Andriod app and Windows client. Started about a week ago and is super frustrating. 

6+ months since and we still have this issue... I getting to like spotify more and more.

When I open queue, everything looks fine, but when I want to add songs from queue by selecting all of them on my keyboard and moving them to another or new playlist, they're doubled. 

Hey all,

Thanks for voicing this out and for reaching out to us! 

I'd recommend you to first do a clean reinstall (different from just reinstalling). Does the issue persist after that?

Let us know, we're here for you! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @

I've tried clean reinstall a few times, but the issue persists. 

Suggested posts