Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Some albums missing

Solved!

Some albums missing

Why is it that some albums from a particular artist are missing. For example, "Wolrd Painted Blood" by Slayer is not there but a lot of their other stuff is.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The relevant FAQ says:

"We'd love to have all the world's music in our catalogue. But for a number of reasons some artists, or a few of their tracks, aren't currently available on Spotify. This might be down to agreements not yet having been reached with the artist or their record label, or due to changes in ownership. We're adding thousands of albums and artists every day. So if an artist is not currently present they may well be appear, or reappear, on Spotify shortly. In the meantime, you could contact the artist, or their label, and ask them if and when they plan to be on Spotify again."

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Spotify puts on their Library whatever the Record Label sends them, so it's possible they don't have the rights to that album

Marked as solution

The relevant FAQ says:

"We'd love to have all the world's music in our catalogue. But for a number of reasons some artists, or a few of their tracks, aren't currently available on Spotify. This might be down to agreements not yet having been reached with the artist or their record label, or due to changes in ownership. We're adding thousands of albums and artists every day. So if an artist is not currently present they may well be appear, or reappear, on Spotify shortly. In the meantime, you could contact the artist, or their label, and ask them if and when they plan to be on Spotify again."

I notice that Cameo's "AlligatorWoman album is missing as well as most of Confunkshun's albums like Loveshine and Candy. Don't u guys update catalogues?

I agree! Looking for De La Soul's first 4 albums and they are not even there!

Spinal Tap's 2009 release, "Back from the Dead", not on there.

Same with Steve Taylor's album, "Liver".

Yes!! I'm looking for AOI: Bionix!

All you have to do is search up (artist here) site:spotify.com and you should find some more stuff

Well, I quite understand, that if a new album appears, an album has just not been made available to spotify or an artist does not want it up there anymore, it's just not there.

What I don't understand, is why whole albums from artists just 'vanish', while other albums stay available. For example: A few albums and songs from Bear McCreary are available, but let's say 'Battlestar Galactica: Season 4' is not available. I can find the album on spotify in the web, but the whole thing is just greyed out. Meaning I can't find it on the App or the Program. I know it's just a playlist from somebody but in order for somebody to make a playlist, the song needs to be available in the first place.

So, is that supposed to mean that Bear McCreary just suddenly decided not to make the Season 4 Album available any more? I just can't believe that...

It seems likely to me, that either Spotify would've had to pay him something (again?) or even more likely just got rid of it to make space for different music, because nobody was listening to it. Both fair enough.

But not if you say you want to have all the music in the world... If you say something like that, it should be worth paying him, or in the other case, paying for the server space.

But I'm guessing the songs that vanished and were not popular just won't be back.

Deep Purple:
Purpendicular
Bananas

Abandon

Now What?!

all missing, yet all other studios albums are present including Infinite.

Paul McCartney's "Ram" album is not on there but 5 of his songs are from the "Pure McCartney"compilation. And George Harrison'"Extra Texture is not there either.

Rammstein's album "Liebe Ist Fรผr Alle Da" isn't there

When I am on Testament Spotify page. I noticed two albums are missing. Demonic (1997) and The Gathering(1999).

Veiw their Studio Albums on their Wikipedia page. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testament_(band) 

What a completely pointless thread this is. Read the solution before posting about missing music. If you really want music to appear on spotify, contact the artist or their label. Whining here won't achieve anything I'm afraid.

God forbid they are having a discussion on a page designed to have discussions. Funny thing is, you are telling them to stop whining and you are whining yourself about them whining. Logic.

Ya I used to have Motรถrheads bad magic album saved to my songs and now I go back to listen to it and it's not there anymore, I look up the problem in google and it's says it's on Spotify and I can listen to it through the app but it's not there! **bleep**! Give me my Motรถrhead back! Especially there new album!

Spotify is missing albums from Danzig, Testament, Motorhead, KISS, Kreator,
Saxon, Dokken, and Dio. Those are the bands that have missing albums on
Spotify. It's f*** pissing me off.

I'm thinking of one significant album, in this case Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison in a literal sea of every other album he ever released, some with three different editions. The response just doesn't make sense in a case lik e this. 

What I still canโ€™t figure out is why on earth all Nada Surf album except The Stars are Indifferent to Astrology are on Spotify? 

Spotify is still missing 4 Dio albums to this day. Not to mention The Very Beast Pt2 was taken off I wanna say 2-3 years ago. Either Spotify hasn't done anything about it yet or the record label wont allow it. Ridiculous. 

Suggested posts