Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Some albums missing

Solved!

Some albums missing

Why is it that some albums from a particular artist are missing. For example, "Wolrd Painted Blood" by Slayer is not there but a lot of their other stuff is.

33 Replies

I relate to you because there are missing albums from Overkill, Motorhead,
W.A.S.P., Tankard, Accept, Dio as well because I want to have Angry
Machines, Magica, Killing The Dragons, and Master Of The Moon on there.

Lil Peep: California Girls, Hellboy, Lil Peep Part One, Live Forever, Crybaby

King Crimson is a big disappointment. New album is up but none of the classic ones that made them. 

That answers it for some music. But my question is why are some albums up, I listen to them, add them to playlist, add them to my Songs... but then they are all of a sudden no longer available? For example, Brandtson - Hello, Control was on for a few month and then was gone. I can still find the album through a web search which will open the album in my app on my laptop, but the entire thing is greyed our despite having checkmarks on some of the songs confirming I had added them to my Songs. What gives?

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.56.33 PM.png

From what I can gather Spotify will need to pay the artists/companies which makes sense. Some people will want more royalties than others on certain songs which would answer why some songs are missing or some albums (different producer, writer and so on). Spotify probably only pay monthly rather than annually for albums and songs. This is a pure guess and I could be wrong. I'm more miffed about the limit of songs you can have in your library and that's not downloaded. And from what I can see, albums saved and downloaded count as double. 

missing.PNGmissing 2.PNG   There is 7 missing albums here. Go check Wikipedia if you have to. I want a full Studio albums on this page. 

Motörhead’s undercover
Tool 10000days
Black label society- order of the black

It’s not Spotify’s call. There are bands, labels, etc that have to make the decision to have albums on Spotify. For example, if a band was on an indie label for all but 1 of their records, then they may have every album for that artist on Spotify except the one that was on a Major Label if the Major did not agree to the terms required to have that album on Spotify.

For example, Maynard of Tool has explicitly said he does not allow Tool songs on streaming apps because he believes Tool albums are meant to be listened from start to finish rather than arbitrarily. However, he has no issue with  A Perfect Circle’s full discography being available.

Jomsviking -  Amon Amarth.

spotify have only live show 

Deep Purple 's Perfect strangers was available some months ago. I downloaded it. Now some ( not all !!!) songs aren't available anymore. I understand the license issue with full albums, but not for some songs of that album.

grtz

Please add the original movie Soundtrack of Woodstock.  Since they aren't doing a 50th anniversary concert, we need the music 🙂

Infected Rain - 86 (2017) is missing even though the next album became available on the day of release.

I'm from Serbia and this album is missing in the app although I can find it in spotify though web search but all the songs are not available. HOWEVER when I switch my region to UK using VPN it magically became available.

It's another BS region restriction and spotify doesn't even care to tell you that reason why it's missing thinking you are a fool. That's why I hate such services and prefer to buy music directly. No way I pay a single penny for such poor service.

Is it possible for a Spotify paid subscriber to REQUEST missing Albums, Tracks, and missing favorite music to be added to Spotify? A request list of sorts, so Spotify knows what subscribers would like Spotify to add. If so how? If not, WHY NOT? Seems like that would be in the best interest of ALL, Spotify, Subscribers, and Artists alike.

A decent amount of manowar's albums is missing, Rock and metal bands don't like being on spotify for whatever reason

Suggested posts