Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone STOLE MY ACCOUNT

Someone STOLE MY ACCOUNT

My account is stolen. I have just created this new account to try and retrieve the account before it is too late. So PLEASE... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, at least try to help me.

Last week I began to notice small, odd, occurrences happening to my Spotify account. Certain song would be recently listened to, and playlists followed. I didn't think much of it, as it likely could have been a friend going on my phone, or laptop and just doing this. But then today while at work, I opened the spotify app on my phone to play some music and realized immediately I had been logged out. Then I tried to sign back in and the password wasn't working. No fear I thought, I can always just reset the password once I am home. Then I get home, and open spoitfy on my laptop. And to my amazement, the laptop was also signed out.

Now I have just gotten off the live help with the email provider, and they had to reset my email password as it was not the one I knew. Upon opening the email I see two spotify emails. One saying that my password had been changed at 1:12, 11/25/19. The other email came at 1:15, 11/25/19 and said my account details had been changed. The second email also gave me the email "*snip*". The second email is also all in a different language. I have just created this account (chefdaddy) because I needed to try and contact someone at the spotify team who can assist me. I fear my credit card, as well as many other things may be compromised and i need to speak with someone IMMEDIATELY PLEASE!

The account and information:
account: paal_s
my email linked to account: *snip*
The new email linked to the account: *snip*

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 10.14.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 10.14.30 PM.png
2 Replies

uPDate: 

It now says when I tried to reset the password again that the account name, which I had it set, is not longer existing. Nor is my email, neither the one which he used temporarily. 

Hi @ChefDaddy

I'm sorry to hear that!

In that case I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support:

1. Go to the contact form.
  2. Select Logging in.
  3. Choose I can't log in to Spotify. 
  4. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

Suggested posts