Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting playlists on the computer

Sorting playlists on the computer

How do I sort playlists on the computer? I can on my phonebut not my computer.

28 Replies

Thanks 4 guestion.

There is no sorting options in pc currently.

I'm not sure what you mean but you can sort the song in a playlist by clicking the bars on top of the playlist e.g.. Clicking artist will sort the list by artist A-Z clicking it again will sort it Z-A and clicking a third time will make the playlist go back to unsorted.

I can't believe this isn't possible.  Technology is so incredible, but then they overlook the most simple thing imaginable.  

One thing that helps is purging albums from your playlists, and saving them as albums.  At least then there are fewer playlists to have to scroll through to find the one you want.  

It's still ridiculous that it defaults to the order in which the playlists were created.  At least the android app does it.

This really should be a simple Feature. Are there thrid Party Programs on Windows for Spotify?

yep... this kind of simplicity **bleep** me off

Are we still not further ahead with this? You can do it on Android but not on the computer app. Madness.

It's not sorting but it did at least help me a little. You can drag the playlists to change the order. So I was at least able to put the ones I use the most to the top of the list. Really ridiculous they don't have this feature. AND why is it that when I sort it on my android device it doesn't just go ahead and give it in the same order on my computer? They really need to work on

you can play it from your mobile device where yiu can sort it however you want, then listen on the desktop or laptop or whatever.

there's no automated sorting but you can click the name of the playlist on the left bar, hold and drag it to reposition them according to the order you want.

Let me clear this up. After 20 minutes of exploring Spotify on PC, knowing it's possible as I've done it before. All you need to do is click the icons on top of the songs when you reach a playlist youll see this (the image) and click it. To sort it by that. If you don't hover your cursor over it, it won't show.

1516925845274793722924.jpg

On the PC Spotify program, you can sort songs in your Playlists and rearrange them, but you can do neither with the songs under your saved Artists. As stated before in this thread, these are listed in the order in which you "Saved" them. It's astounding that even now in 2018 this gaping oversight still hasn't been resolved by Spotify.

Please. Fix. This.

BAH.png

Hi rhondacecala

You can sort your spotify playlists on pc (or mac) by clicking and dragging the desired playlist up or down and placing it in the order you wish for, this applies in the spotify program. 

I hope my answer was helpful regarding your issue.

Yours Sincerely,

Melikcc

No, I want to sort by name, date, etc... u_u

You can sort playlists on pc you just have to click the title, artist, album, date, or length of song (right above the songs in the playlist)

it does not work. I just want to sort by Artist on my PC. When I click Artist it tells me to go to Browse page.

Hard to believe I still can't order my playlists on Spotify in 2020 (not the songs within the playlist but the actually playlists).
Since there has been some confusion about the request over the past 4 years, please imagine the following are playlist titles, sorted in alphabetical order. We would like to sort by clicking 1 simple "sort" icon/button/link, keeping the option to drag and drop to reorder.

PLAYLISTS
Another Playlist
Best New Music 👀
Can We Sort Playlists?
Indie Jamzzz 🎶
It's a Simple Sort
It's Really Easy
Hip Hop Faves
Just Make the Feature
Mobile Has it Now, I Think
Please, We All Want It
Rock Superstars 🌟
This Should Be a Feature on Desktop Spotify
Web Version Should Playlist Sorting as Well

At a minimum, we would like to be able to sort by:
Playlist title
Date created

It would also be nice to sort by:
- Most recently listened to
- Duration of playlist
- Number of tracks or in a playlist

If anyone at Spotify needs help understanding this, I can provide resources in the form of skilled developers or tutorials on how to implement a sort feature for an ordered list.

We're all looking forward to the feature, not just a message saying you will consider it. Thanks!

You can sort playlists on Spotify's Windows App (likely Mac or others as well). What you need to do is go into the playlist and click once on what you want to sort by (Title, Artist, Album or Date Added). That sorts title, artist and album as A-Z and date added to most recent first. If you click twice, it will sort title, artist and album as Z-A and date added to most recent last.

This does not work on a mac or windows, as the feature does not exist. We want to be able to choose how ALL our playlists are organized, so if we want to find a particular playlist out of many different ones its easier. The feature exists for Albums and Artists, but not for playlists for some odd reason. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG and delete the auto sorting function as no one likes this feature.

This is the feature we ant for albums radio and playlists; https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/sorting-and-filtering/

See how it exist for one and not the other, only MANUAL SORTING:

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 5.39.04 PM.png

This is what every user wants and is a feature that has not ben added. Please add this feature.

Suggested posts