Spanish band not showing with a US account?

Solved!
Highlighted

Spanish band not showing with a US account?

Casual Listener

Hi there!

I have a US Spotify account but I'm Spaniard. I just realized that some albums from a Spanish band (Love of Lesbian - 1999) are not showing on my library, but appear instead in my sister's library who has a Spanish Spotify account.

Is that correct?

Cheers,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spanish band not showing with a US account?

Community Legend
Yup, all content in the Spotify catalogue is country specific meaning each album essentially has a list of countries it is available in (ie. Spotify have license to distribute it in those countries).

As Matt mentioned, anything that is missing in certain countries is almost always down to the labels sadly.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Sometimes the artist's music label will only release it for certain countries. If you are sure that it will play for her, but not you, then that is probably the reason why. The availability of the music is up to the artist and the music label.

I tried playing that album from my US account and it tells me the album is not available in the United States. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend
Yup, all content in the Spotify catalogue is country specific meaning each album essentially has a list of countries it is available in (ie. Spotify have license to distribute it in those countries).

As Matt mentioned, anything that is missing in certain countries is almost always down to the labels sadly.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS