Spotify Committing Fraud (or at least HORRIBLE customer service)

Highlighted

Spotify Committing Fraud (or at least HORRIBLE customer service)

caitlinostomel
Casual Listener

I did not have an active Spotify account until approx. 5 minutes ago, yet they have been charging my credit card for the past 8 months for a subscription I don't have. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to reach some person in customer support to turn off the charges--which I have been reporting as fraudulent to my credit card company every month--but continue to be ignored. Even the phone number included on the credit card statement reaches a dead end. If somebody with the authority to contact me ASAP to cancel this sees this, I'm expecting a response yesterday.

3 Replies

Re: Spotify Committing Fraud (or at least HORRIBLE customer service)

Merik
Community Legend

Hey there @caitlinostomel, welcome to the community!

I'm very sorry to hear about this charges. Don't worry though, I can get someone to fix this for you. Did you contact the payments team through the online contact form? If you did, let me know the 8-digit case number and I'll escalate it for you. If you haven't please send them a message there! If you receive an automated reply directing you back to the community, just reply to it and you will be connected to an representative that will be more than happy to assist you.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

caitlinostomel
Casual Listener

I submitted the initial form this morning, Case #03365079. I received a response directing me back to the community (very unhelpful), to which I immediately responded requesting a phone call to close this out. I have not yet heard anything back and it's been 12 hours. Thank you for whatever you can do to expedite this.

Merik
Community Legend

@caitlinostomel I'll make sure your case gets to the right team! You should get a response within 24-48 hours.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

SUGGESTED POSTS