Spotify Connect Multiroom?

Solved!

Spotify Connect Multiroom?

SvenTh
Casual Listener

Hey,

I think Spotify Connect is a great feature I am waiting for (I'm an Android user, so I still have to wait). But there is one really important thing to me. What about multiroom use? If there are multiple Spotify Connect Receivers in my wireless lan at home, can I only select one player at a time or can I play the same music to multiple receivers simultaneously? So e.g. the same music in the living room, kitchen and bathroom simulataneously?

Hope you can help me 🙂 Thank you!

Sven.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify Connect Multiroom?

Peter__
Community Legend

As far as I am aware, you can only connect it to a single speaker at any given time (unless a manufacturer comes up with a way to repeat the incoming signal from Spotify to other speakers). 

The only people who currently have true multi-room setup you can buy out of the box is Sonos, and they aren't announced as a partner for Spotify Connect - I am guessing they are going to continue developing their own system alongside Spotify's.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

As far as I am aware, you can only connect it to a single speaker at any given time (unless a manufacturer comes up with a way to repeat the incoming signal from Spotify to other speakers). 

The only people who currently have true multi-room setup you can buy out of the box is Sonos, and they aren't announced as a partner for Spotify Connect - I am guessing they are going to continue developing their own system alongside Spotify's.

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

Highlighted

jpataylor

Shame. Multiroom would be a great feature. Are there any plans for spotify to release this feature in the future?

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
Spotify haven't commented, but it has been requested over on the Ideas Exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Connect-Multiple-Speakers-Devices/idi-p/614088

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS