Do you think it is a fair policy to the paying customer to stop supporting Spotify connect for devices that was bought in trust of having Spotify connect?
I have 2 devices: Libratone Zipp Classic and Denon AVr-X2100 (only 3 years old!)
Spotify support tells me that they haved decided not to support Spotify Connect for these devices anymore. I understand from HI-FI Klubben it is also concerns Yamaha and Onkyo.
- I have bought my devices in trust on continously working of high quality of streaming and better user experience of easy connecting.
- If I knew that Spotify can choose to support a device for only 3 years - I will not ever trust in buying a device with Spotify Connect.
- maybe other like me have put many hours in getting it work with firmware upgrades etc.
- Spotify gives no technical reasons for stopping the support.
- Spotify gives no refunds.