Spotify Connect no longer supported for Libratone, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo models

Spotify Connect no longer supported for Libratone, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo models

jalei

Do you think it is a fair policy to the paying customer to stop supporting Spotify connect for devices that was bought in trust of having Spotify connect?

I have 2 devices: Libratone Zipp Classic and Denon AVr-X2100 (only 3 years old!)

Spotify support tells me that they haved decided not to support Spotify Connect for these devices anymore.  I understand from HI-FI Klubben it is also concerns Yamaha and Onkyo.

- I have bought my devices in trust on continously working of high quality of streaming and better user experience of easy connecting.
-  If I knew that Spotify can choose to support a device for only 3 years - I will not ever trust in buying a device with Spotify Connect.

-  maybe other like me have put many hours in getting it work with firmware upgrades etc.
- Spotify gives no technical reasons for stopping the support.
- Spotify gives no refunds.

1 Reply

Re: Spotify Connect no longer supported for Libratone, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo models

asydynamics
Visitor

Could you please provide your information source, maybe something like a link? As I'm planning to buy a libratone zipp PD and now I'm hesitating. Previously I was using denno heso 1, it's okay excpet the heos app.

SUGGESTED POSTS