Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect no longer supported for Libratone, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo models

Spotify Connect no longer supported for Libratone, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo models

Do you think it is a fair policy to the paying customer to stop supporting Spotify connect for devices that was bought in trust of having Spotify connect?

I have 2 devices: Libratone Zipp Classic and Denon AVr-X2100 (only 3 years old!)

Spotify support tells me that they haved decided not to support Spotify Connect for these devices anymore.  I understand from HI-FI Klubben it is also concerns Yamaha and Onkyo.

- I have bought my devices in trust on continously working of high quality of streaming and better user experience of easy connecting.
-  If I knew that Spotify can choose to support a device for only 3 years - I will not ever trust in buying a device with Spotify Connect.

-  maybe other like me have put many hours in getting it work with firmware upgrades etc.
- Spotify gives no technical reasons for stopping the support.
- Spotify gives no refunds.

3 Replies

Could you please provide your information source, maybe something like a link? As I'm planning to buy a libratone zipp PD and now I'm hesitating. Previously I was using denno heso 1, it's okay excpet the heos app.

So... I don't know if it is because of this post but somehow Spotify Connect started to work again on our Zipp Classic! It stoped working a year ago.

Let's hope it's not temporary! Can you confirm on your end it is back too? 😀

Libratone has confirmed will not work with classic.
Denon have offered me another device as addon to my receiver.

I have found a work-around with HiFy to simulate Spotify-connect and when the connection is done I can use the spotify connect.

I therefore conclude, that it is software at Spotify that is the cause and the deal between the manufactors (Denon and Libratone).

This is really unfair for customers and not good for the world climate to that they deliberate use software to stop the music devices to stop working so people are forced to buy new devices!

Suggested posts