Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify In Georgia

Solved!

Spotify In Georgia

Hey folks,

So, I was wondering the other day about why Spotify still hasn't expanded its service to the Republic of Georgia. We're a small, post-soviet union developing country mainly influenced by the western culture. 

I just wanted to say and ask that you'd bring Spotify to Georgia as well. I mean, there have been a lot of posts about this issue, that were left without attention. I mean, Spotify could seriously make big bucks here, hence I think the Georgian people would quickly adapt to the service. Plus, what is there to lose? Unless it's associated with a lot of costs, it'd surely be beneficial to the company. We have PayPal, We've got Credit Cards and WE HAVE THE MONEY.

PEOPLE, Please SUPPORT this idea by giving it kudos, so it doesn't get lost again.

30 Replies

Bring Spotify to Georgia pls

YEEEEES PLEASE!!!

Yes please we need Spotify in Georgia 🇬🇪 

Oh man, it's 2020 and still. I wish we get it soon.

Yes please do. We’re most qualified people to listen to music. 

Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Georgia

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the great news!
I can't see family plan as an option with my Georgian account, do yo know the reason?

Hey there @BFTiG,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

This is not available at the moment but we suggest that you be on the lookout for any news here.  

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

What is idea behind this? is it just a technical problem you're working to solve or some business decision?
Since it's really deal breaker on the way to move from my US account with a family plan and use service in a legal way

Hey again @BFTiG,

Thank you for your reply.

The biggest challenge is always to secure the licenses to the music for a specific region for a specific subscription type. Those vary depending on what type of service (Free, Premium Individual, Family, etc.) is being used and need to be negotiated separately. Setting up systems to process the different payment types can also take some time. Overall it's not an easy task and it's not just like flipping a switch 🙂

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

Take care! 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Being a user from Poland, I am very glad to hear that after all these years of - I would say - unfair treatment, Spotify has finally entered Georgia. Geo restrictions are always annoying, world does not consist of US, China and Western Europe.

Best regards to my Georgian friends, let other barriers are removed as well.

Z.

Suggested posts