Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't let me save any more songs

Spotify Won't let me save any more songs

I'm new to Spotify, so I apologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious.  I downloaded LOADS of music (I'm unable to tell how many artists or songs in total) and I've reached a point where any time I click "Save" for an album, it flicks to "saved" for a split second and goes back to "save."  Then, when I go into my library, the album i tried to save is no longer there. 

My question is, what am I doing wrong?  Is there some sort of cap?  Can I make a massive playlist of lets say 10,00 songs, delete them off my library, and then save different music and add that to the playlist?  I really just want to use spotify like Ittunes -- so I canhave one massive library of everything.  I have about 22,000 songs I'd like to have on my spotify account, if possible. 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Mike

29 Replies

Spotify Your Music and Playlists both have a maximum limit of 10,000 tracks I'm afraid.

There are 2 work arounds:
- The starred playlist is unlimited, so it can store more than 10,000 tracks.
- Playlist folders are unlimited, so a playlist folder can contain an infinite number of playlists that contain 10,000 tracks each.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of and I am running into the same issue. WHY oh why did spotify decide to add this restriction for paying premium members?!?!?!?

I am about 2 short clicks away from cancelling my membership with spotify and going over to RDIO unless they fix this asap!

@JeffDC1979 wrote:

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of and I am running into the same issue. WHY oh why did spotify decide to add this restriction for paying premium members?!?!?!?

I am about 2 short clicks away from cancelling my membership with spotify and going over to RDIO unless they fix this asap!

We're working on expanding this, @JeffDC1979.

Using playlist folders with several very long playlists also enables you to play the whole folder in shuffle mode which gives a perfect library radio, at least in the desktop software with its improved shuffle mode, may show the usual repetition of the old shuffle mode on mobile apps though. And please enable folders in the web player, too. 😉

First of all, I never said I wanted to "play the whole folder in shuffle mode" . I am not looking for a "perfect library radio". If I wanted that I would just ditch spotify and go to pandora. Please answer intelligently or don't answer at all.

Using playlists as a work-around your horrible limitations is a hack and an unacceptable response to my problem. JUST FIX THE PROBLEM!

Seriously, it has to be like 1 line of code

change

maxSavedSongs = 10000;

to

maxSavedSongs = MAX_SONGS_IN_SPOTIFY_CATALOGUE;

It is enfurating that I have to deal with this right now. I would like to know how long until this is implemented because if it takes longer than 1 month I am switching services.

From experience of Spotify changing things, I would be shocked if this even happens in 2015 to be honest.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

this is the most frustrating thing ever. it's such a simple fix. please spotify.

does anyone know if rdio has a library cap?

@mcoh911 wrote:

I'm new to Spotify, so I apologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious.  I downloaded LOADS of music (I'm unable to tell how many artists or songs in total) and I've reached a point where any time I click "Save" for an album, it flicks to "saved" for a split second and goes back to "save."  Then, when I go into my library, the album i tried to save is no longer there. 

My question is, what am I doing wrong?  Is there some sort of cap?  Can I make a massive playlist of lets say 10,00 songs, delete them off my library, and then save different music and add that to the playlist?  I really just want to use spotify like Ittunes -- so I canhave one massive library of everything.  I have about 22,000 songs I'd like to have on my spotify account, if possible. 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Mike

does anyone solved this problem?  

Please go and add your kudos and support to this thread, regarding the same issue you are having. It's a completely ridiculous limit, and we want to try to keep support for this request in one place. Thanks.

....aaaaaaaaand subscription cancelled. Thanks for nothing Spotify. Your service officially sucks in my mind. Peace out, looks like my money will find a good home elsewhere with a music service that actually listens to it's customers.

I am going to stop paying for somthing that dosent work. I like spotify but I will no longer recomend people upgrate to premium. I am canciling my subscription as we speak. The hours I have waisted trying to recover lost tracks..I have had enough.

Spotify wll fail as a company and somthing better comes from this. DO  NOT UPGRATE TO PREMIUM. 

@Grace wrote:

@JeffDC1979 wrote:

We're working on expanding this, @JeffDC1979.

So, what's the status update?  I see you posted your comment over a year ago.  It doesn't seem like this problem has been fixed.  It's very frustrating.

Lol 2 years later and they still haven't fixed this problem. Classic example of Spotify's imaginary customer service department in action and proof that, as I suspected, streaming music is stupid.

Click, click and cancel.

Well, I was going to upgrade and become a premium client as soon as I had added all of the music that I wanted. Well, I guess I'm another customer lost. Very disappointed with the service, very disappointed by my time wasted. Huge let down.

So, Peter... If I have reached the limit on my phone (I don't have space on my HTC) can 

I delete the album and the songs, and still keep them in the playlist area? I guess I'm wondering If I don't save the music to "my music" will I loose the music?

@AngelaLynne

You can clear the cache (Settings > Other > Delete cache and saved data) and you'll free the space used by your downloads.

You'll stream everything fine, but if you want offline listening, you'll need to redownload music again.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem, can´t add more songs, eventhough I am paying premium fees. Is SPOTIFY ever going to fix this? 

Otherwise I am changing and warning all my friends to do the same. 

So what's the word on this? Has it changed years later? Can i add unlimited songs yet? If not, I will stick to amazon prime music or google play since they have zero restrictions.

When are you planning on expanding this? This forum is now 3 years old...

It's 2017, your cap has NOT expanded and it's rather frustrating.

On top of that, did you put in an album cap as well? I'm nowhere near 10,000 songs yet here I stand, unable to save full albums anymore because "Epic collection, friend. There's no more room in Your Library. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs or albums"

Sorry, but that's really stupid

Please fix this issue, I know I'm not alone in this

Suggested posts