Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't let me save any more songs

Spotify Won't let me save any more songs

I'm new to Spotify, so I apologize in advance if I'm missing something obvious.  I downloaded LOADS of music (I'm unable to tell how many artists or songs in total) and I've reached a point where any time I click "Save" for an album, it flicks to "saved" for a split second and goes back to "save."  Then, when I go into my library, the album i tried to save is no longer there. 

My question is, what am I doing wrong?  Is there some sort of cap?  Can I make a massive playlist of lets say 10,00 songs, delete them off my library, and then save different music and add that to the playlist?  I really just want to use spotify like Ittunes -- so I canhave one massive library of everything.  I have about 22,000 songs I'd like to have on my spotify account, if possible. 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Mike

29 Replies

I agree - any news on this subject?

This post doesn't help me at all. I Upgraded from a  750 GB Hard Disk to a Western Digital 2 TB Hard Disk. So, with that being said when I try to add more Music I get this Message: Friend if you want to add more Music you have to Delete some Songs!   Is Microsoft creating this issue?

You can only save 10,000 songs per playlist. Not sure what you’re getting at buddy.

2019 and they still haven’t raised the limit... this is infuriating.

So, I just found out apparently it’s because of a contractual obligation thanks with all of the major labels. They don’t want you to be able to “own” such a large quantity of music through a streaming service.

2020 and I found this thread because apparently this is a long standing issue...

Looks like I'll be switching back to GPM/YT Music and Tidal. Or even Amazon or SoundCloud; it's a good thing I have all.

I would say, "until this is rectified" but it's been 4 years and I'm not tolerating this nonsense. 

Screenshot_20200224-133604_Spotify.jpg

1. You’re “working” on “expanding” this?? Are you kidding me??? This is unacceptable. How can you possibly hope to keep audiophiles and musicians paying for your service when your user interface and organization is complete garbage and you put a cap on the amount of music we can save?? Are you for real? I was an iTunes user for years. It was a genius system with all your artists in an easily scrollable side menu and playlists right next to it. There was no cap of course. Now the only way to organize your music in a user friendly easy system is to make dozens and dozens of playlists just so I can press shuffle, which is absurd to start with like what the **bleep** is wrong with you people why would you do this to the world and make music so disgustingly inaccessible. And now I find there’s a cap too? Oh yeah, and my PLAYLISTS KEEP DISAPPEARING. Not to mention how you treat us artists. Your company is maybe the worst thing to ever happen to music and my search for alternatives starts today. **bleep** **bleep** I’m a musician and 10000 is a drop in the ocean. My iTunes had 240000 tracks you **bleep**ing turds 

You realize they removed the limit like 6 months ago, right? **bleep** @Robbfrank618

apparently not because they just hit me with a "whoa, epic collection! we
can't save any more songs, sorry!" this morning

no, they didn't, otherwise i wouldn't have gotten a "whoa! epic collection! we can't save any more of your songs until you delete some!" this morning when i went to go save another album

Suggested posts