Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify allows Joe Rogan to re-platform Alex Jones

Spotify allows Joe Rogan to re-platform Alex Jones

Spotify banned Alex Jones / InfoWars from its service, but apparently they missed his hateful propaganda so much that they let Joe Rogan book him as a guest.

wth.

I was disgusted that they gave Joe Rogan a contract, but this is even worse.

Alex Jones called victims of a school shooting "Crisis Actors" and has caused people to stalk the survivors. He routinely spreads disinfo and contributes to the conspiracies behind Qanon. https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/alex-jones-five-things-to-know

To say allowing him onto the platform is "irresponsible" is a massive understatement.

What a terrible decision for Spotify to make.

9 Replies

I've let my subscription lapse. I'll start it up again once Joe Rogan is gone from Spotify.

Don't like it, don't watch. Feelings can be hard sometimes

I will be canceling my account 

Ban Joe Rogan now! Profiting from the distribution of deadly misinformation is immoral and shameful! I am a paying subscriber and if you don't remove him I will leave.

Spotify is, IMHO, anyway pushing podcasts way too hard. I'd like to listen to music, but app's home screen is always full of podcast suggestions.

But hey, reality killed music from Music Television, now it's reality's time to kill music from Spotify, I guess.

What a time to be alive..

Myself and family members will be cancelling our subscriptions also, Spotify chooses a person who gives misinformation on his podcasts over music?? I think they forgot the reason they started Spotify, MUSIC!! Sure glad we have Amazon, Tidal and other choices, just joined Amazon's ultra HD😉

Hope Spotify will remember, Neil Young don't need them around, anyhow.

And neither do I

Not that I think Spotify will care but I have cancelled my £16.99 a month payment.  Its the only way to make them listen.

Thanks for posting this critique. Couldn't agree more: 

"To say allowing him onto the platform is "irresponsible" is a massive understatement.

What a terrible decision for Spotify to make." I cancelled my Premium subscription today.

Suggested posts