Spotify connect With Alexa multi room audio

Spotify connect With Alexa multi room audio

mercls500

I have a echo spot and a fire tv cube. And I have created a multi-room music group on Alexa app. I added both my Alexa echo spot and fire tv into my living room group. My issue is when select my living room group on my Spotify connect; music only plays on the echo spot and not on the fire tv cube. All I see on the fire tv is artwork displayed of what is being played but will not play. What is wrong ?

image.jpg
5 Replies

Re: Spotify connect With Alexa multi room audio

tatecarr

Same issue. Was excited when I saw Amazon added the Fire TV Cube as a supported multi-room device a few months ago, made an Everywhere group that had my Echo Plus in the bedroom, a Dot (with speakers attached) in the kitchen, and the Cube in the living room (so output to TV with soundbar and BT sub). Seemed to work in adding the Cube to the group, but when you select it in spotify (when it decides to show up, which isn't always anymore) it plays to the two Echo devices, not the TV.

Initially when trying to figure out what was happening, I deleted the Everywhere gorup, and recreated it (I had originally created it with just the two Echo devices). But then when I recreated it, the group didn't show up in spotify connect selection... A new group that had just the Echos in it did show up immediately though. A few days later Everywhere group showed up again (the new one I made), but behavior didn't change -- music played to the Echos and not the Cube.

In addition, if I ask Amazon to play to that group with Spotify it says it cannot. And when it sometimes shows up in Spotify connect, it plays to just the two Echos.

Having said all this, Pandora works exactly as expected. It will play on all three. So it seems like more of a Spotify issue -- well, an issue with the integration between alexa and Spotify at least, not sure which company would need to address it. But Pandora works fine... A little frustrating.

Just adding my two cents because it would be nice if this got resolved. And OP is describing exactly what I've seen. And I tried a couple times to recreate the group. So definitely seems to be a legit issue here.

Es6969

Same issue here. Hope Spotify can resolve this. I get the same screen and the bar doesn't move. Spotify connect does connect to the Fire TV individually... But not when part of the group. I have 4 other echos on the group and all others play but the FireTV. 

Formal_Sarcasm

I have the same problem, extremely disappointed as the multi room music was one of my reasons for purchasing the Fire TV Cube. Very annoying also when your see other streaming services like Pandora and Amazon Music play fine on every device. 

AnthonyJ31

Please address this, Spotify! It’s a big sell to be able to play my music across my entire home speaker setup. Really hoping to not have to switch to Pandora 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Highlighted

dtothefp
Visitor

Same issue here, have a fire cube attached to soundbar and echo dot in separate room. Works with Amazon and Apple Music. Everywhere group and both Alexa devices show up in Spotify connect but when I play everywhere group it only plays on the echo dot 

SUGGESTED POSTS