Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect With Alexa multi room audio

Spotify connect With Alexa multi room audio

I have a echo spot and a fire tv cube. And I have created a multi-room music group on Alexa app. I added both my Alexa echo spot and fire tv into my living room group. My issue is when select my living room group on my Spotify connect; music only plays on the echo spot and not on the fire tv cube. All I see on the fire tv is artwork displayed of what is being played but will not play. What is wrong ?

image.jpg
8 Replies

Same issue. Was excited when I saw Amazon added the Fire TV Cube as a supported multi-room device a few months ago, made an Everywhere group that had my Echo Plus in the bedroom, a Dot (with speakers attached) in the kitchen, and the Cube in the living room (so output to TV with soundbar and BT sub). Seemed to work in adding the Cube to the group, but when you select it in spotify (when it decides to show up, which isn't always anymore) it plays to the two Echo devices, not the TV.

Initially when trying to figure out what was happening, I deleted the Everywhere gorup, and recreated it (I had originally created it with just the two Echo devices). But then when I recreated it, the group didn't show up in spotify connect selection... A new group that had just the Echos in it did show up immediately though. A few days later Everywhere group showed up again (the new one I made), but behavior didn't change -- music played to the Echos and not the Cube.

In addition, if I ask Amazon to play to that group with Spotify it says it cannot. And when it sometimes shows up in Spotify connect, it plays to just the two Echos.

Having said all this, Pandora works exactly as expected. It will play on all three. So it seems like more of a Spotify issue -- well, an issue with the integration between alexa and Spotify at least, not sure which company would need to address it. But Pandora works fine... A little frustrating.

Just adding my two cents because it would be nice if this got resolved. And OP is describing exactly what I've seen. And I tried a couple times to recreate the group. So definitely seems to be a legit issue here.

Same issue here. Hope Spotify can resolve this. I get the same screen and the bar doesn't move. Spotify connect does connect to the Fire TV individually... But not when part of the group. I have 4 other echos on the group and all others play but the FireTV. 

I have the same problem, extremely disappointed as the multi room music was one of my reasons for purchasing the Fire TV Cube. Very annoying also when your see other streaming services like Pandora and Amazon Music play fine on every device. 

Please address this, Spotify! It’s a big sell to be able to play my music across my entire home speaker setup. Really hoping to not have to switch to Pandora 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Same issue here, have a fire cube attached to soundbar and echo dot in separate room. Works with Amazon and Apple Music. Everywhere group and both Alexa devices show up in Spotify connect but when I play everywhere group it only plays on the echo dot 

Yes same issue here. Can connect any speaker via Alexa but when you add the FireTV stick to the group the music will not play. There is no issue when using Amazon music. This issue has been well documented for over a year hopefully someone from the Spotify team can roll out a Fix soon. 

thanks

So this started working for me, sort of. I would retry my music group that included the FireTV Cube every month or so, and it'd work with Pandora/Amazon music, but still not Spotify. And after trying it one time, I walked away - Spotify playing on my two alexas but not the cube, and then a few minutes later I thought I heard music playing through the TV and was like, what's going on? Well, the initial song I had Alexa play "Everywhere" had completed, and once the next song started playing...the Cube was included! After playing with it a bit, same behavior, and I found I could speed up the Cube playing music by simply hitting next track after initiating play on the Everywhere group (instead of having to wait for the first track to complete). So it's not perfect, and I don't see why this works and it can't just play immediately like other Alexas, but at least it was working. We've moved, and I actually haven't hooked up my Cube again yet. But give that a whirl and see if it works for you -- let more than the initial track play, and/or try skipping a track and see if it starts playing on your Fire Stick -- which is a Stick not their Cube, but I imagine they run the same/very similar OS, so maybe could work for you. Would be curious to know if it does work for you, so reply back for everyone commenting/following this thread if you could!

I came across a work around for this as well...

So - when I create an "Everywhere" group with JUST my two Fire TV Cubes, this feature does not work.

However! I ended up getting one of those Echo Show devices (for free with a Ring doorbell purchase; don't buy an Echo Show...) and added that device to my "Everywhere" group to now include Echo Show, Cube 1 and Cube 2.  For whatever reason, this feature now works with this group...  Maybe the Echo Show is acting like a bridge or something, I dont know. 

Regardless, it would be delightful if Spotify fixed this so this workaround is not needed!

Suggested posts