Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify logged me out and i can't log back in

Spotify logged me out and i can't log back in

I was just listening to music on my phone when spotify just logged me out. I went to log back in but my username and password were apparently not working. When i tried to log in on my laptop i'd type it in and it'd take me to the home screen but then it'd just log me out again. I reinstalled spotify and everything but nothing worked. I tried resetting my password but when i typed in the email account or the username it just gave me the message "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." I can look my profile up on spotify on a new account (that has NONE of my music) so i know it exists but I just can't get access to it. PLEASE HELP ME

7 Replies

Hey @laserx2

When you try and log into the Mobile/Desktop application, do you use your Email address or your Spotify username?

You need to use your Spotify username when trying to log into the Spotify Applications 🙂

You can find your Username here 🙂

Does this fix your issue? If not:

It sounds as though your account may have been hacked.

I suggest you contact Support and they can fix this for you 🙂

Due to the nature of this problem you can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

I just emailed spotify support and I’ll let you know if they get back to me.

This link you put up totally worked. I was entering my email to reset the password (didnt remember my user name) and it kept saying there was no account associated with this email. I tried on the computer nothing....for an hour!!!

I used your link and it worked. 

So strange!

Thanks 

You probably are having the same problem I did. Log onto your email and see if Spotify has recently contacted you. The person responsible for your payments may have cancelled your premium. If you do not have premium, go onto the computer on spotify web player and see if you can log onto your account on a different device. 

The other day I logged onto my computers and used my email and password saved on my phone to login and it worked. After I was done listening to music on my computer I wanted to listen to music on my mobile device and it had logged me out. So I used the same username and password to log myself in but it didn’t work. I’ve tried everything from resetting my password to using Apple to login. I made a new account with the same email and now it just logs me into there when I try to log in but it’s a bran new account and not my old one that I had playlists and a family plan with multiple members on it. please help me fix this.

It happened to me too, but I solved it. Every day I opened Spotify it had signed me out.
Fix:
Just give Spotify storage permission

so what ended up happening?? what did you have to do

Suggested posts