Spotify not working on sonos

Solved!

Spotify not working on sonos

dannyhazzard
Casual Listener

Hi. Ive just registered for a premium account which works fine on my mac. Ive tried to link it to my sonos system but its says i need to get a device ID as it doest work with the facebook log in.

When I click the link 

"You can retrieve your Spotify username and create your device password here"

it redirects me to a page that says

Error 404 - Not found

Sorry, but the page you requested does not exist.

Can anyone help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify not working on sonos

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey again!

Sorry, I have passed along to the Spotify team that the help pages are not working for device passwords. 

Meanwhile, there is still a way to get your information, just follow the instructions below I have stolen from Tivo:

1. Click here to visit the Spotify sign in page.
  2. On the sign in page, click Log in with Facebook. This’ll launch a new window.
  3. In the new window, enter your Facebook email address and password, and click Log In.
  4. Make a note of the device username – usually a string of numbers. You’ll need this later to sign in to Spotify on TiVo.
  5. Click Send e-mail to set password.
  6. Check the email account you use to sign in to Facebook.
  7. You’ll have an email from Spotify – open it and click the Set your device password link.
  8. On the Set a password for your devices page, enter a memorable password and click Set device password.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

10 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Have a go with this link.

Peter

Peter

dannyhazzard
Casual Listener

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately it told me to do exactly what I was doing and ended up with the same situation. 

Is there any other way of getting spotify log in credentials rather than using facebook?

Dan

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey again!

Sorry, I have passed along to the Spotify team that the help pages are not working for device passwords. 

Meanwhile, there is still a way to get your information, just follow the instructions below I have stolen from Tivo:

1. Click here to visit the Spotify sign in page.
  2. On the sign in page, click Log in with Facebook. This’ll launch a new window.
  3. In the new window, enter your Facebook email address and password, and click Log In.
  4. Make a note of the device username – usually a string of numbers. You’ll need this later to sign in to Spotify on TiVo.
  5. Click Send e-mail to set password.
  6. Check the email account you use to sign in to Facebook.
  7. You’ll have an email from Spotify – open it and click the Set your device password link.
  8. On the Set a password for your devices page, enter a memorable password and click Set device password.

Peter

Peter

Casual Listener

Having the exact same problem, when i get to the page where i click on the reset password link, thats it, it never emails me the password reset link. earlier in the process it did email the numeric user name, so they have the proper address. I cancelled and then tried to resubscribe not using facebook, but then i got the message  that my email was already taken! I'm trying to subscribe but i'm only gonna put up with so much B.S., i have no interest in raising my stress levels any higher. This is waaaay to much trouble, i think i'll stay with MOG.

Taylor
Community Legend

@1247795813 wrote:

Having the exact same problem, when i get to the page where i click on the reset password link, thats it, it never emails me the password reset link. earlier in the process it did email the numeric user name, so they have the proper address. I cancelled and then tried to resubscribe not using facebook, but then i got the message  that my email was already taken! I'm trying to subscribe but i'm only gonna put up with so much B.S., i have no interest in raising my stress levels any higher. This is waaaay to much trouble, i think i'll stay with MOG.

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to fix this for you.

Anthony :)

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

blin13

I have the same problem. If Spotify says they are going to send the e-mail. How long does i take? I am going to wait until morning. If I don't get it by then, I am cancelling my subscription. Seems kind of bogus to me. The problem I am seeing here is that there is no support on Spotify. Either it works or you are SOL.

Casual Listener

well, someone sent me instructions that had nothing to do with my issue, I am still waiting  for the email to set my device passwords. I have done it 4 times now and not a reply yet. and i get : "An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to: (my email address)" ,  but i never get the email ( yes i checked the junk bin), and so here i sit.

The problem is the facebook interconnection or whatever you want to call it. It, like facebook itself is a mistake, I am paying 10 bucks a month for a premium service but cant listen to it thru my sonos system. I really dont want anyone on facebook in my business, and i wish I had never clicked on "sign up with facebook"

Spotify is currently useless to me as is thier  tech support. I am not the only one having this problem, and i have yet to see any solutions. This is pretty poor for a "premium" service. Could they make it any harder to get?

I'll give them til the end of the day Monday, after that I am gone forever, oh yeah I am a Sonos dealer, the reason i am subscribing to Spotify is to test and see which service is the best, I have tested , Rhapsody, Rdio, and MOG (my current fav), spotify is next on the test list, but so far it's not looking good. I cant tell you if Rhapsody, MOG or Rdio's tech support is any better than spotify, mainly because I had no issues installing, connecting to and configuring any of the other services. There are things I like and dislike about each service.  As far as spotify is concerned, i do not care for the P.c. interface ( as far as I have been able to get), but then Im only concerned with the way it works thru the  Sonos. That being said, my clients look to me not only to be able able to explain the differences between the services, but also to reccommend the best ones.  I would love to be able to reccommend it, but they arent making a good case for themselves so far.

Peter__
Community Legend

If you are in touch with customer services and they sent you instructions which don't work, just reply directly to that email asking for them to send you a device password set email and they should be able to get that sorted for you. 

Peter

Peter

Coling71
Casual Listener

I am having the exact same issue, and I just upgraded to the premium service. If this is not rectified then I will stop the premium service and go with something else

SUGGESTED POSTS