Spotify on Denon CEOL N8

Solved!
2 people liked this

Spotify on Denon CEOL N8

nojase
Casual Listener

Since February 2016, 13th, I can't search songs or artists on my Denon CEOL N8 device anymore. I still can read playlists and starred songs. It seems that the browser doesn't work anymore. Does someone encounter the same issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: Spotify on Denon CEOL N8

buero25
Regular

HEY there!

With the Firmware Update this Week the DENON CEOL N8 now supports Spotify Connect!!! GREAT!!! I never thougt this update would happen after all the years! 

Spotify now dissapears from Menu – but now therefore the great Spotify Connect Feature is there!

Solution!

vbenes
Casual Listener
yes, that saved Denon's reputation hugely.

It works like a charm, PC, phone whatever can control CEOL now. just perfect.
8 Replies

vbenes
Casual Listener
yes, me too! I've just come back from retailer where i left it for varanty repair. Last two days of varanty. I hope they won't refuse with 3rd party issue. Will keep you informed!
Vladimir

ae67
Regular

It's not a problem with your own unit. Spotify has changed the Metadata API.

Search also didn't work anymore on older Onkyo receivers and Squeezeboxes.

vbenes
Casual Listener
It's an issue of the device firmware as it doesn't follow the new API. If it's still in varanty so should work the same way as it was sold, shouldn't it? I would expect Denon to provide updated firmware but CEOL N-8 is even not listed on their website. Funny situation.
Anyway, I think the change is codable in matter of weeks (if not days) so probably worth doing instead of facing all these possible warranty claims.

Paliddy
Casual Listener

My Denon CEOL piccolo DRA N5 quit being able to search as well. Hope Denon and Spotify work out an update for the firmware some time soon or I will be seeking some redress. There was nothing to say that it might not be usable at any time Spotify decides to change something. 

1 person liked this

nojase
Casual Listener

I assume that modufications have been made as it is working again...

vbenes
Casual Listener

Any firmware update? I can imagine some legacy API from Spotify to be introduced.

My device still in warranty cycle. Hope they'll return it soon :-)

Thanks for info.

Solution! 1 person liked this

buero25
Regular

HEY there!

With the Firmware Update this Week the DENON CEOL N8 now supports Spotify Connect!!! GREAT!!! I never thougt this update would happen after all the years! 

Spotify now dissapears from Menu – but now therefore the great Spotify Connect Feature is there!

Solution!

vbenes
Casual Listener
yes, that saved Denon's reputation hugely.

It works like a charm, PC, phone whatever can control CEOL now. just perfect.
SUGGESTED POSTS