Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify upgrade - Vodafone Premium to Family

Spotify upgrade - Vodafone Premium to Family

I currently have Spotify premium through a Vodafone in the UK.

I’d like to upgrade to premium family and pay Spotify the additional £5 a month.

i am being told by Vodafone this is something Spotify should be able to simply sort on my account.

However, have read a post from a year ago that spotify advise to cancel the “free” premium account with Vodafone and then pay £14.99 to have family premium - which is madness.

surely someone at Spotify can help a customer wanting to pay you £5 a month more.

thanks

2 Replies

Hey there @jonathanbunkall,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've currently subscribed to regular Premium through your mobile provider. In that case, in order to subscribe to Premium Family, you'll need to first cancel your subscription, as you mentioned.

Once your account has reverted to Free, you can subscribe to Premium Family here.

Keep in mind that when your account reverts to Free, you won't lose any playlists or liked songs. However, once you subscribe to Premium Family, you'll need to make available for offline use any playlists you had downloaded previously.

There's more information about Premium Family in this support site article

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi,

I cant seem to find the "Change Plan" button, is there a new way of doing this?

Harry

Suggested posts