Spotify widget gone?

Solved!

Re: Spotify widget gone?

Scottystandley
Casual Listener

Hi there I found a way around this if you want to keep the widget. Unistall spotify from app and then download previous version 8.5.16.192 from here......

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/2092462

Then stop spotify from updating itself in the playstore, that version still has the widget.

_82zyjwuu-w8f
Music Fan
I'm glad someone was finally smart enough to figure that out

Pengy6
Regular
Great answer, thank you.

Scottystandley
Casual Listener

Just dont forget to uncheck the auto update in the playstore by going to my apps and games clicking on spotify and then the 3 dots at the top right of the screen and unchecking it there.

Screenshot_20190825-135015_Google Play Store.jpg

Pengy6
Regular
Will do, thank you.. 👍

choonsba
Casual Listener

I would still prefer the widget reinstated but [in the meantime?] I've finally found a use for my S8's Bixby button! Launch Spotify instead :)

Chachalon31
Visitor

Yeah ! Why did they get rid of the widget on the latest update ? This is absurdly stupid . 

StevePeter
Visitor

What's the point of a smartphone that you can configure to your liking if you can't have the active music/listening app available on the home screen? I now have to unnlock the phone and go into the Spotify app everytime I want to skip a track, pause it, whatever. Spotify doesn't even appear in the swipe-down bit at the top. Why? Why? Whyyyyyyyyyy?????

Willizcool
Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS