The Darn "Available Offline" Button

Highlighted

The Darn "Available Offline" Button

user-removed
Not applicable
Hey there developers,
Thank you for making my favorite app in the world. I love using Spotify, and I can't stop recommending it to my friends. I used to have an Android phone and the app was marvelous. Recently I switched to iOS. While the iPad app is great, I am not such big fan of the iPhone app. The app seems a little outdated, but I got past that. The thing that bothers me the most is the so easy to press by accident,"Available Offline" button right on top of the playlists. I have accidentally pressed this button so many times, which means I have to go back and re-sync all my songs. It would be better if this option was placed elsewhere in my opinion. Other than that, the app is great.
Thank you very much again.
3 Replies

Re: The Darn "Available Offline" Button

Rising Star 7 MichaelJerzak
Rising Star 7

sacchezaj127 first let me say Welcome to the Community!, second we appreciate your feedback, perhaps you can post an idea for it in the idea exchange 🙂

Michael. A Spotify Knight in Shining Armor.
I AM NOT A SPOTIFY STAFF MEMBER| I'm a Spotify Community Legend
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!

Peter__
Community Legend

The application won't immediately delete content if you accidentally press the button, normally its just a case of going online again, marking the playlist as available offline once more and should appear to sync really quickly since it doesn't need to redownload the content since it is still cached in offline storage. 

Not an ideal solution I know, but in theory it should save on data usage! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

bavmoto

But if you have local files added to your playlist (I have 300 of them), then it's a matter of going home, sitting by your computer and making sure your phone and computer don't go idle while 300 local files sync. That's the pain in the butt part.

SUGGESTED POSTS