Announcements

The End of Free Spotify

Highlighted

The End of Free Spotify

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify will be not the same in next year. Free version will be almost unusable or useless.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/11/spotify-free/

What do you think?

Thanks to creepy main labels, the free music will be at end very soon. Why to make one of great revenue model unusable?

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: The End of Free Spotify

Roadie

I can only speak for myself obviously but if this becomes true it makes it impossible for me to continue to use Spotify. I can see/understand the pressure and/or competition they are under but it just seems like such a drastic step.

The main problem I have with this is the price tag per month (10$), but I would be willing and able to pay something like half of that and still feel good about continueing to use Spotify.
In my opinion, if the wanna squash the competition, they should not only strive to be better, but more importantly cheaper than them because I feel like spotify already has its name well established, so they have the numbers/people using, I just hope they don't scare most of them away with a 10 dollar price tag. :<

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

That's right!

And if they are forced to do these, they need to announce 5 € Unlimited tier back to prevent people from going to piracy or competitors where 5 € tier is available.

Highlighted

Roadie
They do need to be made in the fight against piracy. I agree
Highlighted

Community Legend

Well, so far I see only rumors, but also don't forget that Spotify has changed the rules for free accounts drastically since the start. Wouldn't be surprised to see more changes, and still more after those. I like the premium tier, have family so my kids can join. Students get it cheaper which I think is fair, but then, I teach at uni so maybe I'm biased 😉

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
SUGGESTED POSTS