The "Chozen" commercial may be the worst ad of all time

The "Chozen" commercial may be the worst ad of all time

godofleet
Casual Listener

Listening to Led Zeppelin and then hearing this crap quickly had me closing Spotify for the day...

Get rid of it. (and if your going to advertise in between songs on the Classic Rock station then freakin at least make it relevant.)

5 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: The "Chozen" commercial may be the worst ad of all time

Peter__
Community Legend

If only we had a way to remove adverts...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

godofleet
Casual Listener

I'm not paying for this service, I wouldn't use it enough... it's just on occasion (like for an hour or three a month) when i'm being lazy or my media server is down.

I'm just saying that Spotify should be more intentional about their ad's instead of blasting random garbage that distrupts a users listening experience so much so as to have me actually feel the need to close the app.

I'm sure they have LOADS of ad opportunties that would be more relevant to the classic rock station (or what ever station) - play the Rap commercials in the rap channels and play something more sensible and less obnoxious where it makes sense.

It's not hard for me to not listen to Spotify.... they'd do better by being friendly about their ads...

Peter__
Community Legend

Having a quick look at the ideas section, someone else seems to have the same idea:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-adverts-relevant-to-what-I-m-listening-to/idi-p/5...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1 person liked this

Jonathanjmoore

Good lord that ad is abhorred. I instantly mute spotify. I came to listen to music, not pathetic garbage.

danielr2e

Agreed.  I have never encountered a more annoying ad on the internet.  This ad is so grating that whenever I hear it, it means shutting down Spotify for the day.  I listen for 5 seconds -> nope -> switch to npr or something.

I even like Archer and some other FX shows, for all I know this show will be funny, but this ad just misses the mark as badly as it possibly could.

SUGGESTED POSTS