Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too Many Ads!!!

Solved!

Too Many Ads!!!

I've noticed a serious ramping up of the advertisements Spotify plays. Seems like it's an ad every 2 or 3 tracks, whereas it used to be you could listen to an entire album and maybe only hear 1 or 2 ads. I'm not sure if this is more an effort to get people to sign up for Spotify Premium or simply a way to generate more advertising money. Regardless, it's super annoying and makes me want to go back to good ol' piracy as my primary way for listening to music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there and thanks for your question 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

Spotify pay to right holders. Every play is money for right holders and artists -- Spotify is legal service and artists and record labels are supported by Spotify payments. This way they can release more music and earn more money from streamings!

Thank you for using Spotify - you Support music You like!

Greetings,
Jyri

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Remember that Spotify must pay for every  track that is played, therefore the free service is be funded by the advertisements

You could purchase a Spotify unlimited or spotify premium subscription if you do not want to be bothered by advertisements.

However, if you want to listen to music for free i am afraid you will have to tolerate the Ads.

I have paid for the premium account and still I have to pay to download music and I get adds.

Can I put at least the adds off? Otherwise I am not interested in a paid account.....

@ArnoudF wrote:

I have paid for the premium account and still I have to pay to download music and I get adds.

Can I put at least the adds off? Otherwise I am not interested in a paid account.....

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

There are no adverts on premium or unlimited subscriptions, paying to get music as mp3's is standard since Spotify is a streaming service, and therefore you still need to pay for downloads if you want to own the tracks. 

If you have just upgraded recently, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i have upgraded to unlimited and i keep getting adverts???? i shouldnt be. what is going on.....not happy

@tjhhhhh wrote:

i have upgraded to unlimited and i keep getting adverts???? i shouldnt be. what is going on.....not happy

There appears to be a delay in upgrades processing as Adam-W posted here a few minutes ago. 

Peter

Peter

How come you have to pay for each song played? Isn't it where you just buy the song and add it to a computer which runs through the internet or something? I mean, why do you have to pay for each song played?

Marked as solution

Hey there and thanks for your question 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

Spotify pay to right holders. Every play is money for right holders and artists -- Spotify is legal service and artists and record labels are supported by Spotify payments. This way they can release more music and earn more money from streamings!

Thank you for using Spotify - you Support music You like!

Greetings,
Jyri

That's cool. So than how come so many ads, is that to earn money to pay the artists and everything?

Yes.

Spotify money are going from ads to employees payroll and for artists/recordlabels based to streaming plays.

Paid customers are paying those from their month fees.

Premiun is suggested because this way you can show love to music industry.

Thanks for using legal streaming service called Spotify.

the ads are out of control -- I've listend to 4 songs - and look at how many ads 

spotifyads.png

Seriously, I have the same problem. Help? I can't even enjoy my music.

too many ads.png

Thanks for letting us know, guys. We've passed your feedback onto the right team.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Too many ads... yeah.

Unlimited or Premium on the fire and no ads :)))

If this is really bugging you, normally when testing I get less adverts on the web player:

https://play.spotify.com/discover 😉 

Peter

I agree that there are TOO MANY ADS.  I just tried Spotify.  I have had several sessions with one song then 3-4 ads.  I could not really believe that Spotify would really be giving so many, so I started counting.  One time I counted 6 ads in a row.  In the last 2 days I have not had more that 2 songs in a row.

So if you work for Spotify - I like your product, but I am going back to Pandora.  Their free radio has less ads and less intrusive ads.

I'm sorry that you have too many ads.

I try my Free test account for this and will see how many ads here in Finland!

Here's results from Finland.

spotify ads.PNG

Not much ads, but these are unrelated to my music test... Really bad ads, some Lady Gaga and Hip Hop I never listen... That's why I use Premium!!

The above history lists can be manipulated if you chose not to listen to the whole song. I get the feeling that the frequency ads are played is based on the amount of elapsed time of music you chose to listen to. It appears to be approximately every 8-10 minutes of music played.

Here is my Playlist from today. I decided to listen to the whole Police album uninterrupted to guage the # of ads played.

Hello Spotify...Way too many ads!

Playlist.jpg

Suggested posts