Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tool

Tool

I'm a new user and one of my favorite artists is Tool, why is Tool not on Spotify? Seems a little ridiculous to me.

15 Replies

Some artists have chosen not to be part of Spotify (and streaming in general). Unfortunately some big names like Tool and AC/DC are among them.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I too love the band Tool, and I wish I could listen to them via Spotify.  However, Tool is one of those bands that does not believe in sharing their music track by track on digital libraries like iTunes or Spotify.  They value the art form of the album format and are sticking to their principles.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, pretty much all of their music is on Pandora.  Plus as far as I can tell they have made little to no effort to remove their full albums from Youtube.  Seems to me like they have some kind of personal/moral issue with iTunes and/or Spotify.

It is interesting to me that Perfect Cirlce is on Spotify but not TOOL.  The actual TOOL albums are pretty spectacular with their artwork and presentation, but still odd to me that Maynard has different principled approaches to two fairly similar bands that he controls.  Pretty dumb though to have to pull up youtube to listen to TOOL on my phone when I'd rather just be on Spotify.  I've already bought all of TOOL's albums, and would buy the April fools album if it was real the day it came out..still Spotify me Maynard, I promise I'll listen to the tracks in order ~.~

As oddly as it sounds, there is a playlist by user name: Martenbyden.

It may not have all the albums, but at least they are streaming... not available for offline though.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 3.03.10 PM.png

AC/DC is on Spotify..

But is a shame that Tool doesn't believe in sharing their music. Their music is good.

@Vekerra wrote:

As oddly as it sounds, there is a playlist by user name: Martenbyden.

It may not have all the albums, but at least they are streaming... not available for offline though.

Cheers!

Can you tell me what that playlist is called?

Thanks!

did anyone get back to you on this?  i would so love to know how to get my Tool fix on Spotify 😞

That's ridiculous. Some of their songs I like and some I don't. When I listen to a Tool album, I listen to the songs I want in the order I want regardless of what Tool may or may not like. Don't get me wrong. I really like Tool, but I think this reason is rather lame. There's no way they can force people to listen to things in album format whether it is digital or not. Cmon' James, get over it.

I've looked at this "martenbyden" playlist and it does not contain any Tool songs.  Nor do any of the other playlists alleging to include Tool.  Any other suggestions?

Hello, is there any progress with getting Tool on Spotify?

does any1 know how to get in touch with Spotify Tech Team?

I think that maybe if theres enough demand for Tool, Tool will deliever.

I can't find that playlist. Is it still around?

i just tried on desktop version of spotify to find said poster of the tool playlist and found nothing.  sadly.  guess i'll just listen to my cds and youtube and not be able to play tool albums at work on spotify on my dumb phone.

Finally it´s here!
Tool for you and the rest of us mindscreaming sods I..I

Finally, it's here!

I think Lateralus is the best Tool album. Really love its cover design and I even got their album cover poster - looks amazing on the wall! (and trippy though 🙂

https://www.architeg-prints.com/product/tool-lateralus-album-cover-poster-print

Mockup 2.jpg

Suggested posts