Top lists - Missing playlists

Highlighted

Top lists - Missing playlists

Music Fan

Hi Spotify.

Have you altertered the Top Lists (Browse) on desktop version?

When I checked today, Top lists had 15 Spotify curated lists, then only 17 lists below these.

Previously I could keep scrolling to find other playlists from users, which I found to be a good discovery tool.

It would be nice to have this function available again.

Best

Jon

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Top lists - Missing playlists

user-removed
Not applicable

Mine is working fine the top list from browse what region are you from, app version, and what device OS are you using? New playlists display as I scroll down, lets see thirteen rows of five playlists showed up when I used it just now.

Highlighted

Community Legend
I find my desktop client sometimes fails to load the next batch for some reason. Logging out and back in again normally fixes it though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi Peter.  I don't think its a loading issue.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Maybe another Denmark user could check and see what playlists are loading for users there from within the Browse Top List. But as Peter pointed out whenever the app is doing something odd that it was not doing before loggin out and backin in most cases can clear issues up. It is the only way currently to refresh and reload the app correctly again. Maybe a spotify employee can check for and see what might be going on with those playlists loading for Denmark users and see if there is an issue for all users there.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Yes my friend (Non premium / Windows) just checked and gets the same few Playlists in Browse/Top Lists.

I tried the log out / log in yesterday, but to no avail.

There is a filter option on the iOS app on Top Lists (All Playlists, Misc, Sweden, UK, US)

That gives even more crazy reults (see attached).

I would imagine there are more than 3 lists available for the UK???

Can't say I've noticed that feature before, maybe it came with the recent update to include graphic equalizer.

Toplists.PNG
Highlighted

Community Legend
Just checking this again for myself, can confirm that the Top Lists section has now been limited. Can't see any error messages being reported, so my guess is this is a deliberate change by Spotify. They have been slowly removing user content from Browse since it moved over from Tunigo, my guess is they want to have more control over the content shown there as everyone now sees it as the first thing when you log in.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I can confirm that now too I had thirteen rows of five playlists two of them disappeared now, so it would seem there is some modifying going on.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi Peter.

I tend to agree.  It appears that content is being removed, I thought it might have had something to do with the Tunigo integration.  

Personally I think its a change for the worse.  The whole idea of playlists and sharing amongst users around the world is to 'discover' new music or superbly curated playlists that aren't done from algorithms.

One of the reasons Apple bought Beats was for their personal curated content, Google have just bought Songza for their expert curated playlists.  I wonder whether this is the reason? Perhaps they don't want the likes of Apple & Google copying some high ranking follower playlists by givng them easy access to find them through Browse.  If it is a Spotify branded playlist, then perhaps legally there would be ramifications if a replica was posted on a rival streaming service.

Or maybe they are going to start charging record labels a placement fee to have their 'curated' playlists high up in the Browse section based on geo location?

It would be nice to get an 'official' reason from a Spotify employee.

SUGGESTED POSTS