Trojan Condom Ads

Highlighted

Trojan Condom Ads

Casual Listener

I am disappointed in the Trojan Condom Ads that have been playing frequently. They point to the apparent rejection of respect for the dignity of men and women in their relationships on behalf of Spotify as a company.  

I understand that Spotify is maintained by the support of their advertisers, but I will not continue to use Spotify if these ads continue to play. There are several other less-offending options for streaming music.

30 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Trojan Condom Ads

Community Legend

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Not entirely sure why these are still there, I thought they were removed by Spotify.

I'll escalate it so Spotify can check it out.

For future, there is an idea for a child filter here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment to show your support!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Highlighted

Yeah, once again they have snuck these ads in. Was listening to classical in my kids' room while they napped and lo and behold, TROJAN MAN.
Now, my older kids know what condoms are, and my younger ones are too young to notice or care what the ad is about. I'm not worried I have to tell them about condoms. I AM worried about the overt sexual overtones of the ad. There's a line that it crosses.

Spotify, why are you not listening to your customer base? This is the third time, from what I can tell, that an offensive ad has made it into your rotation. Guess I'll have to find another solution to protect my kids from dirty talk disguised as an advertisement, since your company cares more about ad revenue than your listeners who are more than happy to give you ad impressions on less offensive ads in exchange for music.

Highlighted

Roadie

My parents are driving to my state to see my house next weekend. That's exactly the kind of ad I want to play when they're here! Thanks Spotify for your exceptional use of discretion!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I agree. I've been listening to Spotify most of the day today and most of the ads I have heard all day long were for Trojan condoms. I agree with all that's been said in this thread and other (now closed) threads regarding this. I understand the need for advertisers but I listen to Spotify at work and at home out loud so to have these commercials come on is getting really tiresome. I don't need to hear this kind of advertisement over and over again - if Spotify continues this sponsor's ads while I'm listening, I will have to start using other music services. It's a shame because I absolutely love Spotify but this is really the thorn in this musical fan's side. I hope Spotify can look into this and discontinue this sponsor's ads.

Highlighted

Visitor

This issue is exactly why I came onto this forum today. I am getting tired of hearing about trojan condoms every other ad. I don't even have the option to mute it because it freezes it.

Highlighted

Community Legend

You can physically turn your speakers down since it only detects software and OS volume changes. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

I just googled 'Why does Spotify only play Trojan commercials?' because I KNEW I couldn't be the only one with this issue. Then I saw an old thread from December/January where supposedly this issue was resolved, which lead me to search the forums for more recent threads on the topic, since clearly the issue was NOT resolved.

Advertisements are no big deal. I get it, I'm using this service for free & you have to pay for it somehow. It's the fact that Trojan commercials seem to be the ONLY ads playing that is driving me crazy. Don't you have something else to advertise? Or can we at least have an option to NOT have certain ads played on our accounts? For me, this is simply an annoyance. I don't have kids I listen to music with, but I can imagine people who listen to Spotify with younger ears are especially irritated with this - & that was evident in the previous thread I saw as well.

What's the deal Spotify? You KNOW your consumers hate these ads & fought to get them removed in the first place. Why would you reimplement them if you know it's just going to cause more pushback? 

Highlighted

I agree with the previous poster: I get it, I'm using a free service and it needs to be paid for somehow.  I think it's unfair and disrespectful to have the condom commercials come up.  I use Spotify in a lab, and while we're all adults, that looks horrible for professionalism.  I have actually stopped listening to Spotify for the last few months only because I wanted to avoid the condom commercials.  I'm pretty sure that makes no one happy, since I really like Spotify otherwise.

Here's for wanting either an opt-out for individual commercials (within limits, I would assume), a NSFW or NAFC (not appropriate for children) setting.  I also wouldn't mind something like hulu where they have you sit through a certain amount of commercials before a fifteen minute viewing period rather than every other song.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I am offically fed up with these stupid condom ads.  This was a problem last year with the durex campain and now it is the Trojan mas.  Since spotify does not seem to want to do anything about this I am OFFCIALLY leaving spotify FOREVER and using Pandora instead.  I will NEVER give a DIME to spotify for any premium service, etc...

SUGGESTED POSTS