Trojan Condom Ads

Highlighted

Re: Trojan Condom Ads

Melody1142
The song used in one of the ads sounds exactly like a track that my school made for our morning show
Highlighted

i_amaface
Casual Listener

Yesterday, I was playing some pop songs for my sister, who was only 7. The Trojan ad came up and then she heard the word 'condom' a lot and started saying it. Luckily, we managed to get her to stop. Spotify, I don't really think that this is an issue that is your fault, but can you manage your advertisements a little bit better? Thanks.

Highlighted

bmcilw1

Spotify I will have to leave until you can clean up your ads. No other music service has this problem. Fix it. Until then, I'm going back to Google Play.

While you're at it, add a block to filter explicit songs and album art. What's the point of having a tag for them if you can't block all of these things?

Bye

Highlighted

aradwhitelad
Casual Listener

In the last hour, I've gotten three of these ads which is really annoying since I like to play my music loud in my room while my parents are home. My age on my account is 15, which makes these ads especially innapropriate. Please fix this spotify!

Highlighted

Re: Trojan Condom

welditup

They're back and I hate them. Good bye spotify. Hello pandora. 

Highlighted

amroth2
Casual Listener

Hmm..

Highlighted

janbjoern
Casual Listener

Why are these repetitive Trojan condom ads playing? My settings are set so that my birthdate is under the age of 18 (which it is.)

As a Christian, I find it very difficult to listen to such ads. I don't necessarily mind an advertisment about condoms. However, the content is very sexual sounding.

Please stop advertising condoms for me, as it would be illegal for me to even have **bleep**.

Highlighted

SpotTheLies
Casual Listener

janbjoern I completely relate. I'm also a Christian and I enjoy playing my worship music out loud for everyone in my house to hear. I'm disgusted by the Trojan Ads, mainly because they promote sleeping around and the sexual voices and content of the advertisement. If they merely advertised it without it being sensual, I could care less.

The problem is that I have a little brother that lives in the same room as me, and the advertisement has played 3 times in less than 30 minutes. I have no mute button on my extended keyboard, so by 5 seconds the advertisement has already shot some **bleep** words towards his ears 😞

Another post claims that the problem's been "solved:"

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Condom-Advert-Feedback/td-p/231692https:...

I just changed my age to 12 years old, but I'm pretty sure that it'll still play the Trojan ads. We'll see.

Highlighted

JustAChillGuy

Yeah! I've been listening to spotify free for a long time and recently I've noticed a lot of inappropriate ads, such as Trojan condoms. I'm  only 16 and I am really getting annoyed by this ad and I'm even considering uninstalling spotify. I really want to customize my ad choices because this kind of ad pops out of nowhere especially when I'm listening on speakers around my family and this is TOTALLY inappropriate and I hate it. Aren't these kind of ads suppose to turn on only for legal ages? Please fix the issue or I'm probably uninstalling this great music app and I'll be sad 😞

Highlighted

janbjoern
Casual Listener

@JustAChillGuy

Fortunately, my condom ads have stopped *for now*. Now, I'm starting to get ads about men's sexual health and HIV testing. (And I'm only 15). I don't understand why I don't just have normal commercials!?!

Best of luck!

SUGGESTED POSTS