Announcements

Ts & Cs

Solved!

Ts & Cs

Regular

I'd just like to note that announcing changes to your terms and conditions and privacy policy in-app, without telling us what actually changed (in-app or on your website), is just a little obnoxious.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Ts & Cs

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @TheEponymousBob!

Here are all changes (release notes) for each devices ^^

*click*

I hope it helps you ^^

Peace

NicoRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @TheEponymousBob!

Here are all changes (release notes) for each devices ^^

*click*

I hope it helps you ^^

Peace

NicoRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Regular

Hi,

Thanks for this, but it wasn't app release notes I was looking for, it's the changes to the terms and conditions and privacy policy that I had to accept in order to continue listening.

Community Legend

I've reluctantly accepted the new T & C until I can investigate the position of other streaming sites with resgrd to privacy issues. I'm currently very unhappy.

Regular

Not sure if this will change your mind: https://news.spotify.com/us/2015/08/21/sorry-2/

Personally I now think that looks fine - just a shame they didn't lead with it 🙂

Casual Listener

Hi Bob,

Well...this statement helps me at least only to some extend...it doesn't clear off my concerns.

Let's get into the details of the statement: (my comments in red)

--> Photos: We will never access your photos without explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos, we will only use or access images that you specifically choose to share. Those photos would only be used in ways you choose and control (I seriously wonder how this will be technically ensured: one would need dedicated access rights to individual images - such as one can grant them to folders; this is though a pretty complex topic) – to create personalized cover art for a playlist or to change your profile image, for example.

--> Location: We will never gather or use the location of your mobile device without your explicit permission. We would use it to help personalize recommendations or to keep you up to date about music trending in your area. And if you choose to share location information but later change your mind, you will always have the ability to stop sharing. (I do not need this kind of service; make it easy Spotify team: ask me, if I would like to use this kind of services. If I say yes, it implies the required access; if I say no - no need to grant access to the app)

--> Voice: We will never access your microphone without your permission. Many people like to use Spotify in a hands-free way, and we may build voice controls into future versions of the product that will allow you to skip tracks, or pause, or otherwise navigate the app. You will always have the ability to disable voice controls. (Again: I do not need this kind of service; make it easy Spotify team: ask me, if I would like to use this kind of services. If I say yes, it implies the required access; if I say no - no need to grant access to the app)

--> Contacts: We will never scan or import your contacts without your permission. Spotify is a social platform and many people like to share playlists and music they discover with their friends. In the future, we may want to give you the ability to find your friends on Spotify by searching for Spotify users in your contacts if you choose to do that. (I do not want apps to skim my contacts: there are private and business contacts, how would you separate them? What is the added value in terms of services provided? None... if I want to share something, I can decide about it proactively when using the FB-Login instead of the regular Spotify Login. Stay out of my contacts - not your business. End of story!)

--> Sharing: The Privacy Policy also mentions advertisers, rights holders and mobile networks. This is not new. With regard to mobile networks, some Spotify subscribers sign up through their mobile provider, which means some information is shared with them by necessity. We also share some data with our partners who help us with marketing and advertising efforts, but this information is de-identified – your personal information is not shared with them.

Bob - you see... Daniel's statement is at least to me not sufficient... I wonder how other Spotify customers see this... Feedback welcome.

Cheers, moxxom.

SUGGESTED POSTS