Two part question...sorta

Highlighted

Two part question...sorta

acvcom

When I travel, I have a dog/house sitter who stays at my place.  I have a premium subscription and have Google Home devices at home so the sitter can play anything she wants.  The question I have is...if she's playing music here, am I able to play any music from my phone or laptop at my destination or will that cut off what she's listening to here? 

If I can't do that without cutting off the music being listened to by the sitter, can I listen to the song lists I have downloaded to play off-line?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Two part question...sorta

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @acvcom, help's here!

I'll be happy to answer your questions. If you two are sharing the same Spotify account - then you won't be able to listen to music at the same time; since Spotify is intended for personal use. To answer your question fully - yes whenever they change the music, you'll see it but won't hear it and if you're listening to music, they can see it but won't hear it.

If you're worried about getting interrupted by your house sitter listening to music, then I'd recommend getting started with Premium for Family here. You and up to 5 members can listen to music separately without interruptions.

To answer your second question - yes you can listen to music offline if you have Premium. Keep in mind that the same rules apply (as stated in my first answer above).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Two part question...sorta

Rene01
Community Legend

Removed

SUGGESTED POSTS