Announcements

Unlimited account

Highlighted

Unlimited account

Casual Listener
I just purchased an unlimited spotify account and I trying to play my playlists from my phone, but its only letting me listen to radio stations. Do I have to be a premium member to listen to it on my phone and if so is there any way I can switch even though I've already paid?
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited account

Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Yes, you need a Premium subscription to be able to listen to your playlists on any mobile device. 

If you are paying monthly, then you can upgrade to premium at any time from your online account. The system should convert any unlimited days you have already paid for into Premium ones. 

If you are unlimited from using a Spotify gift card, then you might need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you directly. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

i just purchased the 4.99 unlimited package for spotify im trying to listen to my playlist on my ipad like i did before for the free trial, but its not letting me it says i have to subscribe to premium... did i purchase the unlimited for nothing? can i even listen to my playlist with the unlimited?

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

hammeh wrote:

Yes, you need a Premium subscription to be able to listen to your playlists on any mobile device. 

If you are paying monthly, then you can upgrade to premium at any time from your online account. The system should convert any unlimited days you have already paid for into Premium ones. 

Hi there, @hammeh has your answer just above. 

Highlighted

Regular

When I joined last year, I am sure that unlimited worked on iPad and iPhone. So what happens if you only have a mobile device ? Does it mean you have to have Premium ? Why is there no information on the services offered, apart from Premium.

thanks

Highlighted

Community Legend

@tonyuk wrote:

When I joined last year, I am sure that unlimited worked on iPad and iPhone. So what happens if you only have a mobile device ? Does it mean you have to have Premium ? Why is there no information on the services offered, apart from Premium.

thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify premium has always been required to use Spotify on mobile devices (unless you are in the USA, then you can use mobile radio for free). It is possible if you have used it before you where on some kind of free premium trial. 

The different subscriptions are outlined on the Spotify homepage here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS