Use on 5 devices?

Solved!
Highlighted

Use on 5 devices?

A friend recommended Spotify and we jumped right in because we were under the impression that you could listen to Spotify on up to 5 different devices.  That part I've figured out (sort of, but that's not the issue).  What I'm trying to understand is that when you say "5 devices" you mean 5 but only one at a time?  The reason we were so excited is because my husband likes his music, my son likes his and I like mine - but we're apart all day and wanted to enjoy our own playlists.  Am I understanding correctly that we can only listen one at a time?  or am I simply not setting us up correct? 

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Use on 5 devices?

Roadie

@genaw wrote:

What I'm trying to understand is that when you say "5 devices" you mean 5 but only one at a time?

Correct: only one device at a time. If you begin streaming from a second device, the music will automatically stop on the first device.

The reason being that the account is intended for a single user, not as a family account. So you'd need a separate account for each user, which will also allow you to maintain your playlists separately.

There isn't currently an option for a family subscription deal, unfortunately. But it has been been suggested by other users, so it's worth adding your own voice:  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discount-Family-Subscriptions/idi-p/2275 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Roadie

@genaw wrote:

What I'm trying to understand is that when you say "5 devices" you mean 5 but only one at a time?

Correct: only one device at a time. If you begin streaming from a second device, the music will automatically stop on the first device.

The reason being that the account is intended for a single user, not as a family account. So you'd need a separate account for each user, which will also allow you to maintain your playlists separately.

There isn't currently an option for a family subscription deal, unfortunately. But it has been been suggested by other users, so it's worth adding your own voice:  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discount-Family-Subscriptions/idi-p/2275 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Legend

You can listen to Spotify on an unlimited number of devices (you can log in anywhere freely), but only one at a time. Also you can only have offline playlists on three devices at once.

Highlighted

Thanks for the quick and informative replies.  I like the idea of family plan so I'll take your advice and 'voice my opinio'.  Thanks again!

SUGGESTED POSTS