Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What Headphones/Earbuds? Do you like them? Why/Why not?

What Headphones/Earbuds? Do you like them? Why/Why not?

What headphones/Earbuds do you use?

How would you rate them out of a 10 in terms of>

* Sound quality

* build quality

* Mic quality

* Comfort

* Final rating are you satisfied with your current headphones?
 Als0

What is your favorite music genre and can you recommend me a good playlist?Currently i like all music genres except for hard metal rock & hardcore emo rap 🙂

5 Replies

I use Audio-Technica ATH-M40x headphones. Here are my ratings for them:

Sound quality: 9

Build quality: 9

Mic quality: N/A (no microphone; these are over-the-ear headphones)

Comfort: 9

Are you satisfied with your current headphones? Yes

My favorite genre of music is stoner rock. I could recommend you my stoner rock playlist, but there is some stoner/doom metal in there, which you would probably not like if you’re not into hard metal/rock. However, if you’re interested, you can find it on my profile, here: https://open.spotify.com/user/1297270798?si=nFVgtkG8QB2Wmsp4kOMjwA. My second favorite genre of music is psychedelic rock, and I have a playlist for that genre on my profile as well as for other genres, including space rock, progressive rock, jazz, psybient/electronic, reggae, and jam bands; you may also feel free to listen to any of these playlists as well if you’re interested.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was hoping to find a thread like this somewhere here.. :')

Anyway, I have AKG K712.

Sound quality: Amazing/10. They used to be AKG flagship some time ago.
They have a great soundstage and very good separation (easy to determine what sound comes from where). Rather close to neutral sound, with a little warmth by the bass.

Build quality: Seems solid enough/10. Wouldn't drop them.

Mic quality: No mic. Buy a separate mic, so you can have best out of both worlds.

Comfort: Very comfortable. Memory foam pads with velour coating.

Final rating are you satisfied with your current headphones: Yes.

The elastic suspension is likely prone to wearing down with age, so I am not sure yet what I'll do with that. But they are huge over-ear headphones and they feel like pillows.

I also don't like emo rap... so high-five. : )
My musical taste runs a weird path, I love neurofunk and liquid funk, but also a lot of other stuff.
Perhaps you'll like what I have in this playlist:
spotify:playlist:6YAnJeVC7tgOiocOG23Ddp 

It's not all neuro/liquid funk, if you're worried. :')

SebastySpotify Star

That's great to hear, I'm always very choosy with rock and metal because i like sweet progression and smooth transmissions like Metallica, discovered Metallica 3 weeks ago and i don't regret it. It's kind of funny because as a child i was always scared of the word & the band Metallica but never took the courage to listen.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Ka6aGRym5klhX6ZXWXtc3 this features the my fav songs from them

For my Headphones i use the Sony WH-1000mx3
Audio:10 sounds amazing with hi res files
Build: 9
Mic quality: 8 it has better mic quality than the mx2, but for gaming the integrated mic doesn't work, so i bought myself an v-moda boom mic and it works like a charm
Comfort: 10

yup they might be more comfortable than my earcups they remind me of the hyper x headphones with their very comfy earcups, the type that you could wear for 5 hours straight without any ear irritation or sweat, and i think they indeed have a 7.1 surround sound system that's also a plus for audiophiles like me :))
For my Headphones i use the Sony WH-1000mx3
Audio:10 sounds amazing with hi-res files.
Build: 10 --> treat them like royalty 🙂
Mic quality: 8 the mic only works for calls, but for gaming the integrated mic doesn't work, so i bought myself an v-moda boom mic and it works like a charm
Comfort: 10 very comfortable, but i have to be careful with sweat and water, They are leather pads so they can rot.
Final rating: as for these headphones it got me easily satisfied with the noise cancelling because i travel a lot in public transport, and to cancel out ambient sounds and human voices, man..you feel like you are in a private concert it brings me a whole new vibe 😄
yup i said it and i believe it, they are better than Airpods pro 😉
pricy but worth a buy
4 your playlist is not all that weird, okay yes kind of weird 🙂 cuz its all mixed up but i have ocd so i always keep one specific genre in one album.

@Flakfire 

Yap, the leather/pleather pads may deteriorate over time.

My headphones have replaceable pads and cable, so if pads wear down or cable breaks, I can easily replace. Haven't gone that far yet though.

K712 is open-back, suitable for listening to music at home in a quiet environment. Mobile devices are a bit too weak for them as well.

I have some Sony in-ears for commuting / listening to in noisier environments.

They're stereo headphones tho. No 7.1 surround here :')
(honestly, my previous soundcard had virtual 5.1, tried it on my headphones... overkill.)

I think I've seen quite a lot of user being pleased with the pair you own. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts