Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where you left off in each playlist

Where you left off in each playlist

I have a study playlist, a driving playlist, etc. It would be very useful to be able to start off where you left off in each playlist and not have to remember which song you last played in each one.

17 Replies

I totally agree!!! I complain about this missing feature all the time. I have a playlist with 14hrs of songs on it and so I never get through it in one sitting... I would *LOVE IT* if Spotify would remember the last song I played so I could pick back up.... Great Idea!!!

Hey @DadOfSeven and @jjaeger,

Thanks for your feedback and for your suggestion.

Many people on the Community have already supported this idea here, however Spotify has decided not to implement it for the time being.

Thank you for you understanding on the matter 🙂

Nice of you to assume we "understand." Actually, I'm fairly certain that, two years later, most people who want this feature still pretty much do not understand in the slightest.

But hey, thanks for nothing.

Agree with previous.. I've had Spotify since the beginning. I've told everyone I know how great it is.  I have long playlist. If I leave a playlist and come back, it would be nice to pick up where I left, not scroll scroll scroll back down everytime.

My cable box has a setting so when I turn off/on the TV, it picks up on the last channel that was played. And i can edit those settings in various ways. Setting implemented circa 2005. 

So No, definitely having a hard time understanding this in 2022. Seems like a simple request no?? C'mon Spotify, Yinz are better than that. That's why I've stuck around. Time to add that feature/setting. Thanks!

No! We do not understand on the matter! Maybe if you explained, why exactly have you decided not to implement such obvious feature, but for the time being I do not think we would, as there can't be any reasonable explanation.

Can Spotify explain why they don't want to implement this great feature? Whenever I want to play something that isn't within my play list I go on YouTube because I'm fed up of trying to go back to where I was in my playlist just to listen to a one off 

Hi Peter,

I’m with everyone above, thanks for nothing and nope, I don’t understand.

My USB phone charger has more processing power than the guidance computer that took Apollo 11 to the moon, and you’re telling me Spotify can’t manage to make a bookmark feature for our playlists?! Get in the sea! 

Kind regards, 

Michael 

2023 and this basic feature is still missing? Netflix can remember where I am across dozens of movies and series, but spotify can't remember where I am in a playlist? Just, bizarre.

I came here for the same reason. I have a 43-hour playlist I'm trying to get through and I want Spotify to remember where I was when I decide to come back to it (which is not necessarily my next listening session). Can you please implement this feature?

Please implement the feature where I can com back to where I left off. This is for what consumers are asking, so please implement. You ask for suggestions on how Spotify can be better, here's your chance to be better...

Please add me to this list of disgruntled users who desperatly need Spotify to remember where I left off.  In my case I apprently have a 460 hour playlist that I put together over many years on an ipod which I then painstakenly moved over to spotify.  I use this playlist on long road trips and when working.  As such sometimes I'm listening through the app on my pnone (in the car), or through the app on my home and.or work computer.   It is very annoying to listen to 6 hours on a computer then get in the car and have it replay the same stuff again. 

I suppose there should also be an option/setting where the user can select to resume across devides where going to anothere device picks up where you left off on the last used device or resume on same device where each device would resume where the user left off on that device regardless of what they listened to on other devices.

Like others, I have different playlists going on, such as calm dinner music and walking music with a strong beat. When I switch from one playlist to another, Spotify forgets where I was in the first playlist. Please fix this shortcoming! I don’t want to backtrack, skip unplayed or be forced to keep paper records.

Now that audiobooks are on Spotify, surely this should now be expected. It's hard to find your position if switching playlists between music and books.

Yeah. My friend made me a 325 song playlist, but sometimes I want to listen to my own, although I still want to finish their playlist. It's annoying to scroll all the way down and go to a song again. Shouldn't this be obvious, like how when reading e-books when you switch from book to book it remembers what chapter and what page?

It has 54 pages here, but Spotify has been masterfully ignoring it for 12 years.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Remember-Position-in-Playlist-Album/idi-p/...

it's just that your suggestions sound**bleep** - could it be that you actually don't like music?

The absence of this feature results in me using Spotify less.  I just want to continue where I left off in a playlist, and most times I realize I can't do that, I just close the app and play music from YouTube.

Suggested posts