Why is spotify showing OBAMA on my feed? How do I remove that trash?

Highlighted

Why is spotify showing OBAMA on my feed? How do I remove that trash?

Casual Listener

When I open spotify I see some "Hometown" thing with Obama on it and a stupid "Young & Free" playlist, neither of which are anything I have interest in.  How do I remove this trash?

I pay for Spotify so I should have control over what shows up in my app.  If I wanted to see politics and liberal propaganda, I'd watch CNN.  I listen to music to get a break from that kind of garbage.

trash.JPG
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Why is spotify showing OBAMA on my feed? How do I remove that trash?

Roadie

Hello!

Unfortunetly, there currently is not an option to "hide" these playlists but this is an issue that Spotify is aware of! Maybe sometime in the future this great idea will become reality.

Hope i helped!

If this post helped, please like it and accept it as a solution 🙂
Highlighted

Casual Listener

If this was a free service, then fine.  But I'm paying for this so I don't want to see that piece of trash that I've already had to endure for 8 years.

Thanks for your response.  I hope Spotify makes some changes and learns that pushing a political agenda is the last thing they should be doing.

Highlighted

Apparently they haven't learned yet. "I'm with the banned" shows up. I don't like that. Do something for police appreciation or veterans. They won't. Thinking about switching my platform.

Highlighted

Visitor

Currently waiting for a refund or at least acknowledgement that these ads cannot be turned off. Hey if Spotify wants to spend my money on political ads, fine, but don't feed me the ads as a paying customer with half a decade of premium family membership!

Highlighted

Visitor
Anyone find a way to remove these ads yet? Why is Spotify even advertising for politicians?
SUGGESTED POSTS