Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Cover Art in Playlist // Cover of a Song not included in Playlist

Solved!

Wrong Cover Art in Playlist // Cover of a Song not included in Playlist

Hi Guys,

i have a playlist i often share on Instagram. Recently, theres an issue with the displayed coverart. Normally, it would show the first 4 tracks, but now i see the cover of songs i didn't even add to the playlist. I dont know how to fix this...
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nopamath,

Let's see if I can help clear this up. Just a heads up, I'm sure you are aware right now you aren't able to share personalised cover art right now to Instagram and some other Social Platforms.

Spotify will use the content of the playlist so it could be a song has gone in to hiding! I've recently had this with another user and we found it got it resolved so let's give this a try. Depending on how your Spotify is set up it could be that the specific track is no longer available in your region but still in your playlist just hidden not to inconvenience you. 

If on Mobile, head to your Spotify App > Setting Cog > Playback > Turn off 'Hide Unplayable Songs.

If on Desktop, head to your Spotify App > Click the Arrow next your username > Settings > Show Unplayable Songs in playlists.

Head back across to this playlist and you might now find the song which is causing this to appear in grey and you can then remove this.

Keep me in the loop,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @nopamath,

Let's see if I can help clear this up. Just a heads up, I'm sure you are aware right now you aren't able to share personalised cover art right now to Instagram and some other Social Platforms.

Spotify will use the content of the playlist so it could be a song has gone in to hiding! I've recently had this with another user and we found it got it resolved so let's give this a try. Depending on how your Spotify is set up it could be that the specific track is no longer available in your region but still in your playlist just hidden not to inconvenience you. 

If on Mobile, head to your Spotify App > Setting Cog > Playback > Turn off 'Hide Unplayable Songs.

If on Desktop, head to your Spotify App > Click the Arrow next your username > Settings > Show Unplayable Songs in playlists.

Head back across to this playlist and you might now find the song which is causing this to appear in grey and you can then remove this.

Keep me in the loop,

hey @EthanS1 ,

Thank you! Never thought the solution would be this simple! I deleted the song from my playlist!

Glad to hear, have an awesome weekend! 🙂

Thanks, you too!

Suggested posts