burning to cds

Solved!
Highlighted

burning to cds

meous
Casual Listener

hi

im new to spotify and trying to burn my music to a cd.

anyone how to do this?

or even send it to my media player on my computer?

any help would be great

Simone xx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: burning to cds

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

It is not possible to access any Spotify catalogue content outside of Spotify, so you can not transfer it to another device, player or burn it to a CD. 

Here is a snippet from one of the Spotify staff (talking about iPods however the same applies to CDs):

Spotify supports the music industry by passing on the majority of its income (from ads and subscriptions) to the rights holders who are responsible for creating the music. Rights holders are paid in relation to how much their music is played. Even offline plays are recorded when you go back online again.

This system can only work when there is a Spotify app to manage the music, keeping it "in the system". The iPod doesn't support any apps. So, if it were possible to sync streaming music to an iPod, this would mean that the people who created the music wouldn't get any further income when it is enjoyed.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

meous
Casual Listener

im taking it u cant burn to cds!  awwwwww

have to cancel my spotify

very hard to find good music site

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

It is not possible to access any Spotify catalogue content outside of Spotify, so you can not transfer it to another device, player or burn it to a CD. 

Here is a snippet from one of the Spotify staff (talking about iPods however the same applies to CDs):

Spotify supports the music industry by passing on the majority of its income (from ads and subscriptions) to the rights holders who are responsible for creating the music. Rights holders are paid in relation to how much their music is played. Even offline plays are recorded when you go back online again.

This system can only work when there is a Spotify app to manage the music, keeping it "in the system". The iPod doesn't support any apps. So, if it were possible to sync streaming music to an iPod, this would mean that the people who created the music wouldn't get any further income when it is enjoyed.

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

meous
Casual Listener

thanks peter

I was asking because my mp3 player is not and ipod and my phone is windows

i wanted to listen to the music other than on the computer.

erikalipe

if spotify could figure out a way to allow a one-burn and done system, i would totally support buying the CDs from here rather than other sites. 

Peter__
Community Legend
Unfortunately it is unlikely, Spotify license content to you so you never own it - hence why you can't burn it to a CD.

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS