deleting a song on my playlist

riverpammie

can someone please tell me how to delete a song from your playlist.  thank you

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: deleting a song on my playlist

Joe
Community Legend

Which device are you using? On the desktop client, right click on the track and select delete or just hit the delete key.

Highlighted

BobAbner

I use a Mac laptop -- I can not remove songs from my library -- this is annoying!!!

Please help. If possible, an email would be nice:

<snip>@gmail.com

Thank you for any and all help. btw, selecting the song and pressing the delete key does not get rid of the song.

Joe
Community Legend

If a track is in a playlist, you delete from within the playlist itself rather than from library.

Highlighted

Sarahbr
Casual Listener

I can't seem to delete any tracks on my playlist on my ipad.  Can anyone walk me through it.  I have tried to delete them from a PC but without success.  Can you also tell me how I would delete a playlist too.  Thank you 🙂 

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

On iPad/iPhone, press the "Edit" button in the top right of the view you are looking at, then press the round red icon, then press Delete to confirm. This works for both tracks on playlists and playlists themselves. 

Its worth noting you can only edit (and therefore delete) tracks on playlists that you own (made by you) or collaborative playlists. If its a playlist you follow you can't alter it. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Sarahbr
Casual Listener
Thank you easy when u know how
SUGGESTED POSTS