(even some old)Songs unavailable - Greyed out

(even some old)Songs unavailable - Greyed out

mindeswx
Visitor

Hello, so I got spotify premium yesterday with an idea of listening some music my car, everything seemed good enough but when I tried finding my current favourite song - Stars (featLaniia)  it was greyed out and couldn't be played.

After some googling I figured out that it could have something to do with my country (Lithuania) , and just let it slide.

Fast forward to today, heard  JJ - Still  playing somewhere and though I should add it to my playlist. You've guessed it - it could not be played.

Not being able to  have my favorite music on my playlist really defeats the whole purpose of paying for spotify.

So my question is - Am I doing something wrong here, or is it indeed the country restrictions?  Is it enough to change the location of your account using foreign credit card (I hope songs aren't blocked in the US..) or do I also have to use a VPN?

Thank you! 

1 Reply

Re: (even some old)Songs unavailable - Greyed out

Rock Star 9
Rock Star 9

Hey @mindeswx ,

Welcome to the Community!

Songs availability depends on the artist and their label, not Spotify. Unfortunately, some tracks aren't available due to this reason, but Spotify would love to have all the world's content available there.

I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Have a great day :)

BruneliciaRock Star 9
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS