gift cards and downloads

Solved!
Highlighted

gift cards and downloads

gaz_86
Casual Listener

Hi, Im just back from buying £20 (2x£10) to download some of my playlist as mp3's and move them to my mp3 player as I have done many times before, except today I only get the choice of Spotify Unlimited or Premium. 

what happened to the download option? this suited me as I could download  a few a time without being tied to subscription, or using data for streaming on my phone

is it a case of spotify didnt like it so no one does or is something broken??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: gift cards and downloads

pandarock32
Music Fan

Ah ok got it. With itunes you don't need an ipod/ipad etc. for mp3s, you can download them to any device. However, for TV episodes, movies and apps you will need an apple device. If you want a fixed amount to spend, you can get either an itunes gift card, an amazon gift card or a Google Play gift card, all in fixed amounts (ie £5, £10 and so on)

7 Replies

pandarock32
Music Fan

Maybe this is the problem: http://thenextweb.com/media/2013/01/04/spotify-is-no-longer-offering-new-music-download-purchases-to...

If you mean downloading tracks for offline listening while you have a premium subscription, not buying them permanently, as long as you are a Spotify premium member and in a supported country you should be able to.

gaz_86
Casual Listener

This does look like it, I'm talking about downloading individual songs to put on my mp3 and use in the car not subscribing to any services, to do it through my phone might be free on Spotify end but I doubt o2 would be free for long

I did try Premium to download but couldn't copy to my mp3 player so cancelled it and started buying vouchers.

Looks like I'm stuck with them until when (if) they bring downloads back

pandarock32
Music Fan

Ah ok, so you mean buying songs to keep forever on your mp3 player? By vouchers do you mean spotify gift cards? According to that link the only way to download music from spotify is to subscribe to premium, so I guess that;s not an option. When you say o2 do they have a music service? I'm on O2 but I've never really used their extras :) If you want to buy music to keep there's itunes, amazon mp3 or google play music. On google play music you can either subscribe for unlimited listening or buy songs outright to keep.

1 person liked this

gaz_86
Casual Listener

yes, to keep. Had over 1200 at one point til my computer died and lost them all so am using spotify to find them again and download as and when i can. I know of itunes, amazon etc but always thought with itunes i would have to have an ipod/iphone/ipad to use it and with amazon it comes straight from debit/credit card so i would end up spending more than I wanted, with spotify i could spend a fixed amount £10, £20

i was using gift cards/vouchers, havent bought any since end of last year, got a couple today and now they are useless to me, 

by saying o2 , i would have to stream the spotify app through them, but only get so much data free

Solution! 1 person liked this

pandarock32
Music Fan

Ah ok got it. With itunes you don't need an ipod/ipad etc. for mp3s, you can download them to any device. However, for TV episodes, movies and apps you will need an apple device. If you want a fixed amount to spend, you can get either an itunes gift card, an amazon gift card or a Google Play gift card, all in fixed amounts (ie £5, £10 and so on)

gaz_86
Casual Listener

looks like I'll have to use one of the others then, goodbye spotify... couldnt fault it up until now but think it should have been more public that this was happening

i may comeback one day

Peter__
Community Legend
The Spotify download store was unfortunately removed a while ago. There is an ideas topic requesting its return if you want to add your vote:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-Back-the-Downloads-Store-and-Credits/idi-p/27351...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS