how do i download a song??

Solved!

how do i download a song??

bfteach
Casual Listener

just upgraded to premium because friend said i can download songs that way.... i don't see how - don't see anyhtring to clock to download it... the only thing i can do is make playlists available offline... is that all premium does as far as downloading (besides the multiple device feature)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: how do i download a song??

Joe
Community Legend

Making playlists available offline actually downloads the songs in it to your device so you can listen to the music when unconnected to Spotify. With premium, you can also listen to spotify on mobile devices which you can't do on free or unlimited.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Joe is correct here, you can download playlists for offline usage with premium inside the Spotify client so you can listen to them when you don't have an internet connection but you still have to listen to those tracks inside the Spotify client. Premium also has other benefits as mentioned but it does not give you access to mp3 downloads of tracks or anything like that!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

8 Replies
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Making playlists available offline actually downloads the songs in it to your device so you can listen to the music when unconnected to Spotify. With premium, you can also listen to spotify on mobile devices which you can't do on free or unlimited.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Joe is correct here, you can download playlists for offline usage with premium inside the Spotify client so you can listen to them when you don't have an internet connection but you still have to listen to those tracks inside the Spotify client. Premium also has other benefits as mentioned but it does not give you access to mp3 downloads of tracks or anything like that!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

bfteach
Casual Listener

thank you both... i wish i had known this before i paid - there should be a better comparison chart of the features of each - i'm not sure premium is really worth it given that you have to make playlists and the inability to specifically downlaod song files... just my 2 cents

Joe
Community Legend

If you don't want spotify on a mobile device then the Unlimited subscription might be better for you.

bfteach
Casual Listener

yeah - but if i have to listen to it inside the spotify app and can't own the song, put it into itunes, and then into my ipod, i don't really call that true downloading... and i never really find myself using my ipad or iphone for music...

(this wa sin reply to jwylot's comment about it downloading into my device, not sure why it's being placed here)

bfteach
Casual Listener

yes i may want to switch subs because right now premium basically is a waste for me

grilhoparafuso

I agree... I upgraded to Premium thinking I could 'download' to my computer and then arrange the songs as I liked, fading in and out editing etc... but this isn't possible. So once I have done what i need to do, I will cancel my upgrade. Waste of time, AND could possibly, alledgedly, well be, construed as mis-selling under UK Trades Description Act  - maybe.... Hmmmmm

Highlighted

Joe
Community Legend

You don't own the content, merely have the right to listen to it offline. It would be one heck of a deal if 9.99 gave us unlimited mp3 downloads. The terms state that:

"Premium Service permits you to store cached content on up to three (3) personal computers, mobile handsets and/or other relevant devices (collectively “Devices”) while your Premium Service subscription is active. You may not transfer copies of cached content to any other device via any means."

SUGGESTED POSTS