Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i stop being inundated with foreign music in my playlists ?

how do i stop being inundated with foreign music in my playlists ?

My Discover playlist is filling up with foreign music I don't want. This has become so tedious trying to avoid these tracks that I use my Discover weekly lists less and less now. This is a shame as I used to love them.

I only ever listen (willingly) to English songs however the foreign content is getting greater each week.

It appears from history that this has been an issue for some users for ages. Spotify just says there is not enough interest and drops the subject. Well it's annoying and should be resolved. I'm using DW less and less and may also use Spotify less (or completely).

Please do something so we can filter out foreign language songs.

7 Replies

Agreed, don't know why they refuse to address this, every week I'm getting random non-english language songs that I don't care about.

I appreciate some people might want it, but, should be opt-in, not opt out, unless your account has actively listened to a various songs in specific other languages before.

I agree. I have my Discover Weekly full of finnish songs, just because I listened to an artist that lives in Finland, but all their songs are in English.

Agree ... SOOOO annoying, discovery used to be great, just give me an English only option, not hard guys 😐

Agreed, however this has been an issue for over 4 years, brought up multiple times. I have no faith they'll fix this.

Same intense dislike about the foreign songs crowding my playlists

same here, still a major issue.. Finish songs all over the place. I dont live there and don't follow their music. Its a waste of a playlist

Still an issue, still no resolution. 

Suggested posts