Announcements

instructions for new user

Solved!
Highlighted

instructions for new user

Casual Listener

I used Mog for three years without having to do anything more than read the menus that were offered.

Now I have the Spotify App for Android and I can't figure out how to add a song or album to the end of the current que or clear the current que. Whenever I select a song or album I have searched for, it just starts playing immediately. I read all the help topics and could not find this basic user information. Maybe someone can tell me what help topic this is under. I looked through overview, get started, learn more, and solutions. Shouldn't there be a tutorial somewhere for new users that demonstate all the functions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: instructions for new user

Casual Listener

Joe, good call sending me to the ideas section. Now I see everyone is having the same assortment of difficulties I am having. I could have gone on and on about my many issues, but I started this thread with just the most basic problem. Now I can really appreciate how simple and effective the Mog streaming interface was. Sounds like Google Play Music All Access is also one up on Spotify's awkward interface.

But for now, Spotify Connect is a must for me, and Google offers no such feature.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi. Using Spotify is something of a voyage of discovery. I'll answer your specific questions but shout if you need anything else and can't find the answer searching the community (I actually find Google search much better for finding stuff here by the way).

how to add a song or album to the end of the current que

New music is added to the top of the queue and there's no way to change this.

clear the current que

Can't be done but playing another album or playlist replaces the queue with the new content.

Whenever I select a song or album I have searched for, it just starts playing immediately.

That's intended behaviour too. Why else would you tap a track if not to play it? If you want to add it to a playlist or Your Music, long tap to bring up the context menu ot tap the ellipsis.

Look forward to the next questions 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks, Joe!

It sounds like Spotify simply does not play music in the manner I was doing previously with Mog. Previously I would pick an album to play first. Then while that was playing I could add a second album to play next, without interrupting current play. Mog called it "add to end of que." Then later down the line I could add whatever I felt like hearing next. It was easy with Mog, I got used to it, I am just surprised that, if I understand your description, this is impossible with Spotify.

Let me see if I have this correct. With Spotify, I have two choices:

Create playlist first whereby I have to predict the entire series of albums I would like to listen to before even starting play. And it will be remembered, which is not what I need, but whatever.

Or,

Start playing first album, then at the precise time the last song on that album ends, select second album to play. Repeat for each successive album play.

I'm brand new here on Spotify, and just want to know if I understand the options. Is it possible to add to the end of the current playlist without interrupting play?

Highlighted

Community Legend

You make spotify sound like one of those old record players where you could only add a record to the top of the stack without interrupting your music 🙂

Yes your understanding is perfect. I believe queued items used to get added to the bottom but this was chabged due to popular demand. I'm not too sure why we can't have the choice. There are numerous discussions regarding the play queue in the ideas section but no concrete result.

Solution!

Casual Listener

Joe, good call sending me to the ideas section. Now I see everyone is having the same assortment of difficulties I am having. I could have gone on and on about my many issues, but I started this thread with just the most basic problem. Now I can really appreciate how simple and effective the Mog streaming interface was. Sounds like Google Play Music All Access is also one up on Spotify's awkward interface.

But for now, Spotify Connect is a must for me, and Google offers no such feature.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS