monoinput

Highlighted

monoinput

Spotify seems to promote unabashedly an artist called Monoinput, suggesting him, too often, first in the related artists section of most ambient artists(at least those I encounter). I have no problem about that. I am just curious about the reasons why this happens.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: monoinput

Community Legend

According to the Spotify Artist website the related artists are generated automatically based on listening behaviour of users:

Spotify's related artists and radio are determined by algorithms which look at what people listen to alongside your music. So if I put your music in a playlist alongside artist X & artist Y then artists X & Y are more likely to be shown as related to you or played on radio.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I noticed this as well, I ALWAYS see the album "Live Feed" and I tend to research a bit on the artists related to what I like, and every single one but this one shows up on discogs.  I tend to have somewhat rare tastes, but I find it odd.  Something is definitely weird about it.  Other people that listen to similar things are also listening to this ONE artist that I can't really find anything on?  Strange, I don't like it.  Bots or something making mass playlists maybe?  I'm stumped.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS