Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Add to Playlist" not showing all my playlists

Solved!

"Add to Playlist" not showing all my playlists

Hi community,

While listening to music i usually add them to one of my own playlists. Unfortunately, both on Win10 and Ipad, when i do this the "playlist drop-down list" doesnt show all of my options (previously created playlists). On Ipad my Spotify app is the latest.

How can i solve this ? 

Friendly Regards, and thx,

nuno

37 Replies

Same here. I don't get it how big players like spotify don't care about major bugs like this one. Does'nt work for more than a year now. Super annoying!!!!

Just throwing my weight behind this topic, as it's really pissing me off!

Hey guys, I think I figured it out!

What I did was copy the Playlist Link by right clicking the playlist you want to add and navigating to the share option. After that I pasted the link into the search bar where you would essentialy add the playlist you're looking for to your Artist Profile. For some reason manually searching doesn't work but by providing the URL it did. Being brutally specific can sometimes work out!

Hope this helps!

Also had this issue and this is *so far* the only solution that's worked.  Hopefully there will be an update with a better fix.

That happened to me and there definitely is no scroll bar because I scroll with my touchpad. How can I fix this?

Wow, this started in 2016 😱

Just hit this issue myself on Win10 desktop, very annoying UX flaw

Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

For Web Player, reducing the window scale did the work. It simply is a scalling problem. It's a shame how Spotify just doesn't care for such a basic problem.

Screenshot 2020-10-21 185239.jpg

How in the world is this still an issue? This goes back to 2016?!? Mac OS and iOS, both up to date, no scroll bar of any kind in the fly-out menu. Closing and restarting did eventually bump the play list I wanted to the top, but still no scroll bar. How can a major music ap like this still have such basic problems? I've seen numerous other issues either falsely claimed as fixed, or closed because of multiple threads but not merging them, so the threads never get enough posts on it to be deemed important enough to fix. I've long resisted using Apple's similar service, but seriously, Spotify is so thunderously clueless I've finally ponied up there. 

Seriously Spotify, you need to get your stuff together.

I continue to have the exact same problem. The playlists that show up when right-clicking and selecting "Add to Playlist" don't even reflect a sequential portion of my full group of playlists that I can see at the left of the screen. They simply show a limited number of my playlists (always the same ones), while leaving a number of them out. If I reduce the Spotify screen to less than full-screen view, I get a scroll arrow at the bottom - but it's still the same limited list of playlists that I'm offered to choose from. This has frankly resulted in my screwing my playlists up, as I can't add the music to the lists that I'd really like to.

I am using an Imac and I can not even create a new playlist on the web app. I can see on the console I am getting a 400 bad request error. I am using the latest firefox version. Can someone fix this for reaaaaalllsss please 

why does the thread title say fixed and its not  mores the point

i'm using a mac and have the same issue the issue been plaguing me for several months. When i want add a song to my playlist  the play its not showing

What the **bleep**?? I'm replying in 2022 and I still having this issue. I want to add a song to one of my playlists but it doesn't appear on the list. And there is a scroll bar there, but the list is not complete anyway.

I don't see any solution to this problem

This is still not fixed — it's not a matter of scrolling, and I've signed in and out/restarted the app, but it didn't work. 

Hi! Is there some solution to this problem? I am not sure if my problem is the same. I have 1,018 playlists of my own, but understood there is not limit. In the last few weeks, I cannot save new playlists. I can create them and play them, but cannot save them. They do not appear in my library and when i do "add to playlists" it does not find the playlists. Without being able to create new playlists Spotify is pretty useless to me. Does anyone have a similar problem and more importantly a solution?

Check this solution: Right click on your playlist, then press "add to other playlist". Remove the old playlist and rename the new one (2).

Check this solution: Right click on your playlist, then press "add to other playlist" and finally "create new playlist".  Remove the old playlist and rename the new one (2).

Suggested posts